Orgeron or Del Rio? | Syracusefan.com

Orgeron or Del Rio?

Crusty

Living Legend
This is one of the more interesting coaching situations in a while. Orgeron seems like a good guy and so does Del Rio. Del Rio was a star at USC and that carries a lot of weight at Southern Cal. Orgeron, on the other hand is really liked by everyone.

I am tempted to say USC can't go wrong with either one but there are certainly a host of others applying for this job.

This is one of the more interesting coaching situations in a while. Orgeron seems like a good guy and so does Del Rio. Del Rio was a star at USC and that carries a lot of weight at Southern Cal. Orgeron, on the other hand is really liked by everyone.

I am tempted to say USC can't go wrong with either one but there are certainly a host of others applying for this job.

I would never give Orgeron the keys to the kingdom, but that is just me. I think you are playing with fire. But kudos to him for how they are playing.

Neither. Orgeron is a good interim coach and a very good D coordinator but also a wild card they don't really need in charge at SC. Del Rio, I don't believe, has ever coached in college. Never recruited. Never had to deal with what coems with being in charge fo 100 18-22 year olds which is very different than 50 22-35 year olds. I like Del Rio and think he is a good NFL coach. I think he'd be a disaster in college as he does not seem to have very much patience, a little too intense for a head gig in college. Sumlin would be a great get. Maybe Sarkisian? Or, as a real dark horse, its about time for Saban to move on from Tuscaloosa. Less pressure, just as much talent available and a little bit to prove??!

What about Cutcliffe at Duke? He's got to be a candidate for a step up somewhere. Not saying U$C, just trying to see what the possibilities are.

This will be really interesting to watch. USC is one of the top 5 jobs and they can definitely have their pick. If Coach O beats UCLA there will be tremendous support to hand him the job. A good choice would be to give him a 1 year contract and see what else he can do.