Oshae - average double/double this season? | Syracusefan.com

Oshae - average double/double this season?

DonLightfoot

All Conference
He was very close last year. I have several of last season's games on DVD and pop them in every so often. He had some monster rebounds for us.

A couple of things might determine if he will accomplish my question:
- He is more experienced which should help him improve on his rebounding numbers.
- Possible less playing time (due to our depth this year) which "may" deter his overall rebounding numbers.

Personally I think he will attain a double/double average for the season :)

Nope. And that's in no way a negative about OSB.

He will play fewer minutes, almost by default.
So his rebounding rate would have to go up quite a bit to overcome that.
And as a guy who is a decent 3pt shooter, he'll be on the perimeter a fair amount, which reduces the opportunity to rack up boards.

No.. to much loss in minutes.

To me the key for Oshae this year is how much better offensive efficiency he can acheive. He may not even get as many shots per minute, but he should be able to get much better looks this year and less forced looks.

He was rebounding like a bandit in the exhibition game. (I don’t even know what that expression means! Do bandits work real hard? Do they work up a sweat stealing stuff and running away, stealing and running away?)

If you make out like a bandit, you walk away with lots of money. If you rebound like a bandit, you walk away with a bunch of rebounds?

If you make out like a bandit, you walk away with lots of money. If you rebound like a bandit, you walk away with a bunch of rebounds?
Yeah, a bunch of rebounds that you steal!

I don't think so. 3 reasons: Less playing time. He's going to take the open three instead of driving, missing and trying to score on the putback, and I expect us to be better shooters. There won't be as many offensive rebounding opportunities. I think he'll get the same numbers (which are still very good) but much better percentages.

It makes Carmelo's double-double more impressive that year, considering he shot from the perimeter a lot, as well.

Historically, who's done it since Owens? Carmelo and Rick Jackson, I think. So history's not really in his favor.

With a team that hopefully will shoot better, Brissett's chances should go down. (And hopefully he'll be the guy to help this the most: no getting two free offensive rebounds on a possession where he misses two consecutive layups.)

With a team with increased depth, I assume his minutes will be flat or down. So that's not helping rebounding totals.

And with some player improvement around him (looking at the big fella), it stands to reason that someone might be stealing from Brissett's share of the rebounding total.

So I'd guess not.

Historically, who's done it since Owens? Carmelo and Rick Jackson, I think. So history's not really in his favor.

With a team that hopefully will shoot better, Brissett's chances should go down. (And hopefully he'll be the guy to help this the most: no getting two free offensive rebounds on a possession where he misses two consecutive layups.)

With a team with increased depth, I assume his minutes will be flat or down. So that's not helping rebounding totals.

And with some player improvement around him (looking at the big fella), it stands to reason that someone might be stealing from Brissett's share of the rebounding total.

So I'd guess not.

I think Wes Johnson might have as well... pr at least come close.