Oshae Brissett-stretch four. 22 pts, 14 boards 4 assists. 43% from 3 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett-stretch four. 22 pts, 14 boards 4 assists. 43% from 3

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Sure it was only an D-2 exhibition game but based on tonight it looks like Eli is going to play a ton of minutes. You have to love the impact that will have on OB. Last year we were somewhat limited at the 4, although we loved Dolezaj's game. Now we will basically have four scorers instead of three. Lots of opportunities.

OB is great...but he’s still not FINISHING. Definitely need to see him attack the rim this year using his strength and athleticism. The shot started out slow but he had a good late run with it.

He starts hitting threes and learns how to finish and we’re looking at a lottery pick.

Needs to make sure he’s not forcing and letting game come to him. And like people said finish at the rim.

My only concern is he appeared to hog the ball in second half. His rebounding was phenomenal. But he was always calling for the ball and once he got it had no intention of passing. It looked to me like he was determined to eat and get his.

Team play is what excited me most about last years unselfish players. Now I’m a little concerned Oshae has his NBA dream causing him to seek numbers at all cost. Maybe. Hope not. Team was awesome. I want to play them all at once

We can't take much away from one game against a team of tiny players, but Oshae looked like exactly the same player he was last season, for better or worse.

I'm not sure why he's not dunking the ball every time he's at the rim, but whatever. We'll see where he goes from here.

When he launches threes I hold my breath. Although he won the recent 3 point contest, I prefer he drive and get to foul line at worst. He’s falling in love with the 3. I can watch Buddy and Hughes shoot 3s all day and really wouldn’t mind if they did. Add Girard to these two and look out.

OB looked like a carbon copy of last year's OB. Athletic, but struggling to finish inside, even against smaller, weak competition. His shot didn't look all that different, though he hit a few in the 2nd to make the percentage look good. Not sure I want him taking 7 3's a game again.

Why won't he attack the rim stronger? PLEASE!!!

For the "I don't want him shooting threes" crowd - consider that last year he shot basically the same percentage on layups that he did from 21 feet. I know that he got to the line a lot on drives, and that's not reflected in his 2 pt fg%, but he was literally HISTORICALLY bad for an SU forward at shooting close to the basket last year. It would be interesting to see the points per shot difference between his 3 point attempts and shot attempts inside of 5 feet (adjusted with points scored on FT). Wouldn't be surprised if his shots from outside the arc were actually more efficient.

When he launches threes I hold my breath. Although he won the recent 3 point contest, I prefer he drive and get to foul line at worst. He’s falling in love with the 3. I can watch Buddy and Hughes shoot 3s all day and really wouldn’t mind if they did. Add Girard to these two and look out.
If Oshae shoots 3's at a 40% clip, it will help his opportunities at the basket because they'll have to guard him. Someone runs at you, you blow by him. The lane should be open.