Oshae last night | Syracusefan.com

Oshae last night

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Two things - why won't he take that foul line shot? He was open a number of times, faked it a couple times, then looked to drive. And nearly always didn't get a good look. He hits a few of those easy ones, and the step back behind the three will fall as well. Work your way out young man!

Secondly, why wasn't his drive to the hoop and weird finish waved off? I still think he should have gotten two foul shots, but when the ball was in the cylinder he kind of grabbed the rim or got his hands stuck in the net. Should have been goal tending unless I'm missing something.

My sentiments exactly on the first item. He can make that jumper from the high post. Other teams specifically game plan for that when they play us and are successful. So why didn't we? The only partial saving grace was being fouled sometimes when he drove to the hoop.

On the same point, why pass it to Chukwu in that position? Wasted time and waste of a pass to do that in my opinion. Sidibe has shown the ability to drive from there, but not Chukwu.

Yeah, he needs to take that 12-15 footer to keep defenses honest. Otherwise, they're going to play him to drive and to do that spin, which he's starting to do way too often.

I didn't notice him grabbing the rim or committing offensive interference but it was an odd play. I wasn't looking for that.

Don’t understand why he wasn’t taking those jumpers. He’s actually been very good at hitting that shot in the soft spot of other teams zones all year.

I thought it was also odd how he hung out at the top of the key like he was going to set a pick while Frank and Tyus passed the ball back and forth to each other. It was really frustrating and muddled up our offense I thought.

I agree on the goal tend. IT was such a weird play that they didn't pick up on it, but I thought it was a goal tend as well.

Two things - why won't he take that foul line shot? He was open a number of times, faked it a couple times, then looked to drive. And nearly always didn't get a good look. He hits a few of those easy ones, and the step back behind the three will fall as well. Work your way out young man!

Secondly, why wasn't his drive to the hoop and weird finish waved off? I still think he should have gotten two foul shots, but when the ball was in the cylinder he kind of grabbed the rim or got his hands stuck in the net. Should have been goal tending unless I'm missing something.

He is shooting 37% from 2 as it is... do we want him taking 15 footers? Not sure you can get worse than 37%... but deep 2's may help.

He is shooting 37% from 2 as it is... do we want him taking 15 footers? Not sure you can get worse than 37%... but deep 2's may help.

it's the spinning 'lay-ups' that he's missing so badly. so yeah, i want him shooting foul shots. a foul shot is absolutely not a deep 2.

it's the spinning 'lay-ups' that he's missing so badly. so yeah, i want him shooting foul shots. a foul shot is absolutely not a deep 2.

fair enough that its not a deep 2... but his 3p% is 28% including his 4/7 performance vs Gtown... I'm not sure he has a great jump shot...

10/43 = 23.3% from 3 not including Gtown.

Maybe if he hits a few FT line jumpers it brings the defender out more so he can do the spin move and make some more layups.

FWIW, Louie McCroskey who i think of as 1 of the worst 2p finishers in Syracuse history (minus the 1 dunk vs Uconn, i think down 100) never shot below 44% from 2. Me thinking Louie was bad had nothing to do with stats, just someone i thought was horrific at scoring and hated seeing him with the ball... of course the 2p % doesnt take into account charges (i dont think) on point blank layup or turnovers 30 feet from the basket.

Oshae - for as good as he is - is having 1 of the worst shooting seasons possibly in Syracuse history.

fair enough that its not a deep 2... but his 3p% is 28% including his 4/7 performance vs Gtown... I'm not sure he has a great jump shot...

10/43 = 23.3% from 3 not including Gtown.

Maybe if he hits a few FT line jumpers it brings the defender out more so he can do the spin move and make some more layups.

It opens up so many more options, correct. And helps out the rest of the team. Alley oops to Moyer/Chukwu... Assists on 3 pointers from Battle and Howard. Basketball is simple. We try to muck it up sometimes with 1 on 2 spin moves.

Gerry did 38% as a sophomore from 2... but backed it up with 39% from 3 that year. and 38% from 2 as a senior... 33% from 3... yeesh.

No confidence. He had an all around bad game last night if you didn't solely look at the numbers he put up.

Oshae - for as good as he is - is having 1 of the worst shooting seasons possibly in Syracuse history.
That's a bit harsh ... there's been some bad ones.

Meh he’s right. Cooney got crucified his senior year for shooting 35-36 percent from 3.

ahhhh... i forgot about Cooney!!!

44% or higher frosh through JR year from 2...

But his senior year... 34% from 2!!!

Yeah, he needs to take that 12-15 footer to keep defenses honest. Otherwise, they're going to play him to drive and to do that spin, which he's starting to do way too often.

I didn't notice him grabbing the rim or committing offensive interference but it was an odd play. I wasn't looking for that.

He needs to both pass and shoot from the high post, if he doesn't we will not make the tournament this year. Our guards cannot be solely relied on to pass the ball this year... one of them doesn't even pass the ball once he's inside the three point line. We need Osh and Dole to pass from the high post.

Right now defense is packed in and when we aren't making threes we're gonna lose. So the mid-range game is the only answer. Dole' has to start making shots from the short corner and foul line along with Osh, otherwise the lanes are too clogged for our guards. Osh should be shooting 10 shots a game from the foul line.

Gerry did 38% as a sophomore from 2... but backed it up with 39% from 3 that year. and 38% from 2 as a senior... 33% from 3... yeesh.

Nobody could survive 40 minutes a game in the big east if they didn't spend the off season in the weight room.

Gerry did not spend his off season in the weight room.

It seems like everyone on this team likes to take difficult shots. And those who don't often turn easy shots into difficult ones. *cough cough* Chukwu *cough*

Yes I've noticed that, do we have anyone on the team who can finish with either hand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom