OT: A bon mot on women's BB | Syracusefan.com

OT: A bon mot on women's BB

VaBeachOrFan

2nd String
Here's a great line from the San Francisco Chronicle's Scott Ostler:

-- Retired WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw allegedly smashes an ex-girlfriend's car window with a baseball bat, then fires a gun into the car. So Chamique can still crash the glass and shoot.

Oh, for Pete's sake! I hope she didn't do that on purpose just so that line would be penned. :)

Frankly, that was awesome writing.

IDK. I,personally, don't find anything funny or clever writing or reading about someone affected by this serious disease. I'm sure Chamique, her family and friends, and her mental health professionals feel the same. It's a shame.

What ever her disease is it an issue she can Lick...

In all seriousness when you try to hurt or hurt other innocent people in a violent way the issue is you plain and simple. Whatever problems you have you are still making that decision.

She has suffered from clinical depression for years. She previously had tried to kill herself and had to retire from pro basketball a few times since I guess she wasn't able to cope with the rigors of everyday life. Although she had tried to hurt herself in the past, this was the first time she tried to hurt someone else.

http://www.nydailynews.com/bondy-arrest-sad-chapter-holdsclaw-article-1.1203749
Didn't know that. I have several relatives that suffer from this, and it can be debilitating. Hope she gets the help she needs.

Here is a pretty good article that might help explain why she probably "made" the decision she made. It's more than just being able to be able to make that decision.

http://www.uhs.berkeley.edu/lookforthesigns/depressionsuicide.shtml

I'm not saying she doesn't have a problem or that clinical depression isn't real . . . . . . but its still her smashing the window and shooting the gun! We all have our crosses to beer (lol, yes one of mine is alcohol) but at some point reasons are arbitrary for seriously bad and harmful behavior toward others. Look I know that serial killers are crazy, they are killing a bunch of people, but thats all the more reason to put them to death in my book.
Now this is a bit different but if she is diagnosed and not doing what she needs to to be safe then she should not be out there.

Didn't know that. I have several relatives that suffer from this, and it can be debilitating. Hope she gets the help she needs.
Here is an article from the other day about Royce White's battle with mental illness and how it is affecting him as an NBA rookie. Lots of people will look at him and think how he is throwing away a million dollar career. Some people will look at him and realize that he needs a lot of help for a disease that doesn't show prejudice if you sling burgers at McDonalds for minimum wage or play basketball in the NBA for millions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--r...order-could-cost-him-nba-career-16011709.html

Maybe it's been a long weekend, but if someone in the public eye goes out and commits that kind of crime, she's going to get written up in the press. She brought that on herself, and the writer was awfully kind in his treatment of the situation.

I do feel bad for Royce White (I like his style of play and he seems like an interesting person), but if he's not capable of fulfilling his obligations as an NBA employee, again, then I'm afraid he's out of luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom