OT: Akron HC Fired By Cell Call While Driving To Attend | Syracusefan.com

OT: Akron HC Fired By Cell Call While Driving To Attend

Frees up Mitch Browning.
http://footballrecruiting./viewcoach.asp?coach=46&year=2011

Timing was horrible but what does it matter, his firing was a no brainer. He knew it was coming

Frees up Mitch Browning.
http://footballrecruiting./viewcoach.asp?coach=46&year=2011

I can see why we would do that, and understand there might be some coaching moves.

So who leaves if we get Browning? Does someone move to ST, still need to loose a coach which one?

Mitch Browning is never coming back to syracuse! I believe that was a total joke and should be taken that way...if we hire browning then we can just forget about our beloved team and just cut the program and move on to all of our resources to the bball and lax programs!

Mitch Browning is never coming back to syracuse! I believe that was a total joke and should be taken that way...if we hire browning then we can just forget about our beloved team and just cut the program and move on to all of our resources to the bball and lax programs!

Browning did a good job here and he had great success with a two-back offense at Minnesota. Next eyar we'll have prince Tyson-Gully who isn't an inside runner and Jerome SAmith and Adonis Ameen-Moore, who aren't outside runners so a two back offesne would give us some much needed versatility. he was also a good offensive line coach.

Mitch Browning is a hell of a football coach, maybe the best OL coach in all of college football.

He is a very good OL coach, but I can't see Marrone brining him here with himself and Adkins coaching the line.

He is a very good OL coach, but I can't see Marrone brining him here with himself and Adkins coaching the line.

How about as an OC? If Doug wants to establish the run to set up the play-action pass, Browning could help him do that ion a big way.

How about as an OC? If Doug wants to establish the run to set up the play-action pass, Browning could help him do that ion a big way.

I'd be more than happy to have him-He's a quality coach. I just don't see it happening-At least Marrone has somewhat of a relationship with friedgen.

I maintain that Browning is by far the best OL coach that we have had post D

Browning did a good job here and he had great success with a two-back offense at Minnesota. Next eyar we'll have prince Tyson-Gully who isn't an inside runner and Jerome SAmith and Adonis Ameen-Moore, who aren't outside runners so a two back offesne would give us some much needed versatility. he was also a good offensive line coach.
the 2 back offense has been replaced by the read option. if you want defenses to be concerned about where the ball carrier will go, better to do it that way than just have a qb hand it off, stand there and be outnumbered.

Browning was on the staff when Marrone took over. Marrone didn't want him. If he didn't want him when he already had him on staff, why would he want him now?

Browning was on the staff when Marrone took over. Marrone didn't want him. If he didn't want him when he already had him on staff, why would he want him now?

He got rid of the guy he wanted then. He;s committed himself to a running/play action game. Browning would be great for that and he would seem to be available.

the 2 back offense has been replaced by the read option. if you want defenses to be concerned about where the ball carrier will go, better to do it that way than just have a qb hand it off, stand there and be outnumbered.

I'd rather thave a true runner with the ball than the quarterback. he was standing there bewcamuse he had handed the ball to someone who could run the ball better than he could. It also kept him healthy.

Browning was good but Ianello is the prize here.

So the guy can't handle being CEO. Akron was stupid to hire a coach whose rep is a recruiter in the first place. Highly sought guys have never and will never go to Akron. You need a guy to coach MAC talent up.

But Ianello can recruit and coach TE/WR. Hell, give him specials, can't get any worse here, and have him help close on the 2013 guys that the current staff is lining up.

Downstate guy too.