OT: Anyone familiar with Savannah, GA? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Anyone familiar with Savannah, GA?

Eric15

Living Legend
My wife and I are visiting her grandparents in Jekyll Island, GA next weekend, and we plan to take a day trip to Savannah. I know Savannah has a reputation for being an incredible food town - was hoping someone could recommend me one can't-miss restaurant to visit.

Thanks very much in advance.

I have never been to Savannah, but one of my buddies who is very well connected in the food industry drove four hours out of his way to go see Paula Deen at her restaurant. If it was worth it to him, it would be worth it to me.

http://www.ladyandsons.com/

Savannah is about 40 minutes from chucktown (Charleston) and I can direct you to about 10 different places there. Its a baller ass place.

Paul's Deans Restaurant is waaay overrated. There are a lot of great restaurants in SAV. In my business I travel quite a bit to Savannah... FWIW, my favorite restaurant is Alligator Soul @ 114 Barnard St. It's in a basement setting...best food in Savannah.

My wife's grandparents are 94 and 92, so a "baller ass place" sounds right up our alley. Any hot clubs that are wheelchair accessible?
i just meant its a great city... If they live down there, they probably already know.

Go to go to River Street. Lots of great places there. We really liked Kevin Barry's Irish Pub. Had lunch one day and it was so good we came back for dinner the next night. Prices weren't too bad either.
http://kevinbarrys.com/

Another nice thing about River Strett is you can have open container. Just got to make sure it's in a cup. One of the local merchant's who was selling beer told us that. We caught on fast to that:)

My wife and I are visiting her grandparents in Jekyll Island, GA next weekend, and we plan to take a day trip to Savannah. I know Savannah has a reputation for being an incredible food town - was hoping someone could recommend me one can't-miss restaurant to visit.

Thanks very much in advance.

Kevin Barry's is a good pub, as is Churchill's. The Velvet Elvis is pretty good too. I take a golf trip down to Savannah/Wilmington Island every March, but we don't usually eat at good restaraunts. Paula Dean has another restaurant Uncle Bubba's on Wilmington Island and its good. There's a good barbeque place called Johnny Harris that's been around forever. Pretty nice restaurant.

Ive been to Savannah a dozen times, we vacation in Hilton Head ALOT. Just discovered Mrs Wilkes Dining room on west Jones st. The best Southern food ive ever had, bar none. Its only open from 11-2 M-F, get there early. 18$ a person, cash only, family style.Also, take the trolley tour, great way to see the city

Savannah is about 40 minutes from chucktown (Charleston) and I can direct you to about 10 different places there. Its a baller ass place.
Savannah is closer to 2+ hours from Charleston.
The Lady and Sons is probably overrated, but still decent Southern Food. It was much better when it was a tiny restaurant 10 +years ago.
Personal favorite for me is The King and I, a nice Thai restaurant.
A good all around choice is Vic's. Located just above River St. Solid menu, slightly pricey, wear anything you choose within good taste. http://www.vicsontheriver.com/pages/menus.html

Edit: If you are on Jekyll, take a little time in St. Simons/Sea Island just above you. Nice little town(with a lot of money) with a few good restaurants of its own. Just ask any of the locals about specific kinds of places.

My brother in law used to work at a sandwich/cafe shop called Zunzis. (Zunzis.com)

I had a sandwich there called "The Godfather".

Anytime you can get a sandwich named after the best movie of all time, you hope it doesn't disappoint.

It didn't. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Incredible.

Maybe its changed. When I went there a couple of decades ago it was a regular restaurant, it didn't seem to cater to kids. The food was pretty good. Not great, but nobody cooks like my mother :)

My wife's grandparents are 94 and 92, so a "baller ass place" sounds right up our alley. Any hot clubs that are wheelchair accessible?
Agist.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

the best [ bar none ] is "Elizabeth's on 37th"! Classie place to take your lady.

the best [ bar none ] is "Elizabeth's on 37th"! Classie place to take your lady.
Argueably is the best in Savannah, but also one of the priciest.

I've been there briefly, went out and had several beers (some to-go!) and had a wonderful breakfast at a place called the Olde Pink House on Abercorn Street. Some delightful southern foodstuffs!

Goggle Restaurant's Savannah and check The Olde Pink House. Fabulous place. Expensive, but worth it. Great dining experience.

Get the drink call a cab at Wet Willies on River St!!!

Wet Willies sucks. Only time I have ever been cut off (surprisingly). Maybe it had something to do with me falling out of my chair and vomiting on a table.