OT: Anyone familiar with the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Anyone familiar with the Samsung Galaxy tab 2

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Best buy is the new kindle fire coming out next month. For $500 it is loaded, HD, the works, not at all like the old fire, and it comes with really cheap monthly fees. Amazon is selling them at cost. No profit.

While iPads are nice and probably the best tablets out there, they are overrated in my opinion. Props to you for investigating alternative products.

For minor use such as what your wife would apparently use it for, there are tons of other options.

The Asus Transformer (I own one and love it) consistently gets fantastic reviews, but is likely a bit more than you'd like to pay. You could also check out the Nexus 7 by Google.

The Kindle Fire HD is pretty small, but that's just personal preference. As far as I know, it is also one of the few tablets that don't offer a quad core processor anymore, and I also think there is no slot for additional storage on the Kindle.

You should be able to easily find some general reviews and info. But the bottom line is if it is just for mainly internet and camera/video, then you definitely don't need some of the 400-500 tablets.

I'm fairly tech savvy and I find the Galaxy Tab to not be very user friendly.

While iPads are nice and probably the best tablets out there, they are overrated in my opinion. Props to you for investigating alternative products.

For minor use such as what your wife would apparently use it for, there are tons of other options.

The Asus Transformer (I own one and love it) consistently gets fantastic reviews, but is likely a bit more than you'd like to pay. You could also check out the Nexus 7 by Google.

The Kindle Fire HD is pretty small, but that's just personal preference. As far as I know, it is also one of the few tablets that don't offer a quad core processor anymore, and I also think there is no slot for additional storage on the Kindle.

You should be able to easily find some general reviews and info. But the bottom line is if it is just for mainly internet and camera/video, then you definitely don't need some of the 400-500 tablets.
the new fire is a far cry from the old fire. No comparison. Comes out next month but Amazon is taking orders. since they are selling at cost you get the most bang for your buck with the new fire.

the new fire is a far cry from the old fire. No comparison. Comes out next month but Amazon is taking orders. since they are selling at cost you get the most bang for your buck with the new fire.

Fair enough - I've read plenty of good things about it. I don't like giving too much info on something if I have never used it or seen it personally, though. It's also $500, right? Might be outside of the realm of what the OP is looking for.

I have an iPhone and usually love apple products and know people with droids and galaxy's and I find them not as user friendly and don't have a fraction of the apps that the apple products do.

I'm just curious what else that you find yourself using your tablet for. I used the Ipad at work and we were able to use the Ipad to video chat with each other but I was wondering what advantages and features a $500 has over the $200 tablet.

Not sure where the $500 price tag for the Kindle Fire HD came from. Everything I've seen said they start at $199.

I generally use mine for browsing, some games, and a lot of other apps. My neices and nephews play a ton of games on it so its nice to have one that runs smoothly without getting choppy. Other than that, just the usual.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure where the $500 price tag for the Kindle Fire HD came from. Everything I've seen said they start at $199.

I am talking about the new fire that does not hit the streets until next month. HD stands for high definition. They will have 2 or 3 different models at different price points, depending on screen size, ram and HD. The $500 gets you HD and the largest screen size available for a hand held. The old fire will still be available for a dirt cheap price, but it is very crude and it was outdated from day one. Even at $200 or less it is not worthwhile. The new Fire is meant to be cutting edge to one up Apple and beat it on price. This is a new strategy for Amazon in what amounts to a fight to the death as to whether Amazon can be competitive in the future. They need to sell product (books, hard and soft goods etc.) and other companies would like to use their handhelds to capture Amazons' market. If Amazon is to maintain future market share for retail sales they need to get the new Fire into the hands of future and current customers. That is why they are selling it at cost. Their future depends on the success of the new Fire. Look at the specs and the processor; it is state of the art. I am on the pre-order waiting list. The new Fires will be out by XMAS. They are worth a look. No other product will provide as much bang for the buck. Some early reviews, based purely on specs, are out in the computer rags.

You still waiting for a sale on car starters cp : )
That's funny. We were all set to get them installed and the place had a four or five week wait. I totally even forgot about wanting to get one for my wife and myself since last winter was so mild. I should probably start looking again. Thanks for reminding me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom