OT - anyone know how to get a room at the Sheraton | Syracusefan.com

OT - anyone know how to get a room at the Sheraton

mark79

Doughnut connoisseur
during homecoming which is October 10 - 12 (checking out on the 12th). My wife Jan and I are going to fly up from Richmond for the weekend - it is my 35th alumni reunion! yikes :( I am old...

I figured if anyone knew how to get a room there someone on this board does!!!

during homecoming which is October 10 - 12 (checking out on the 12th). My wife Jan and I are going to fly up from Richmond for the weekend - it is my 35th alumni reunion! yikes :( I am old...

Call them directly at 315-475-3000 and say you are an alum coming for your 35th reunion (do not go through the central Sheraton reservation line). They had a huge bloc of rooms set aside for reunion, but it may already be too late to get one of them. A wonderful woman named Jane seems to run guest-related things there. If you can't get a room through normal channels, talk to her and beg.

Last edited:
Call them directly at 315-475-3000 and say you are an alum coming for your 35th reunion (do not go through the central Sheraton reservation line). They had a huge bloc of rooms set aside for reunion, but it may already be too late to get one of them. A wonderful woman named Jane seems to run guest-related things there. If you can't get a room through normal channels, talk to her and beg.

Thanks Joyce, I will give it a try tomorrow! :)

Mark if that doesn't work...Do Priceline a Name your Own Price. Select University Area, 3.5 stars. Bid $80-90 and you should hit. It will be a real nice property.

Mark if that doesn't work...Do Priceline a Name your Own Price. Select University Area, 3.5 stars. Bid $80-90 and you should hit. It will be a real nice property.

Thanks Mark. Another good suggestion.

Thank you both... I called and begged :) and was able to land a club level room which was expensive but I think worth it to be right on campus for such a special weekend.

Thanks for the great advice! Mark, I'm sure your tip will come in handy at my next visit!

Thank you both... I called and begged :) and was able to land a club level room which was expensive but I think worth it to be right on campus for such a special weekend.

Thanks for the great advice! Mark, I'm sure your tip will come in handy at my next visit!
Hope to see you down for the Cuse @ Wake Forest Football game in October.

TexanMark said:

Doesn't that get you the Econo Lodge you used to stay at?

Doesn't that get you the Econo Lodge you used to stay at?
Never had a problem there...best kept secret in Syracuse if you don't mind the street people and the ambulances.

Glad my advice worked. Club Level is nice. Private cocktail lounge for Happy Hour and free breakfast. Also, nice fluffy bathrobes in the guest rooms there. Club level is where I stay whenever I can get a room there. (BTW, I have learned that ... in most situations ... being nice and begging usually works).

Joyce thanks so much! Great advice, and I totally agree that being honest and nice is always the best policy.

It promises to be a fantastic weekend. I am going to see guys I haven't seen in 35 years. Crazy when you think about it. I was in a fraternity and so far 10 of us are flying in from all over the country and more are signing up every day now. Thanks again!!

By the way, I did slip "Jane" in - I told her a friend of mine said that Jane might have some special rooms reserved.

Joyce thanks so much! Great advice, and I totally agree that being honest and nice is always the best policy.

It promises to be a fantastic weekend. I am going to see guys I haven't seen in 35 years. Crazy when you think about it. I was in a fraternity and so far 10 of us are flying in from all over the country and more are signing up every day now. Thanks again!!

By the way, I did slip "Jane" in - I told her a friend of mine said that Jane might have some special rooms reserved.
Jane is seriously amazing. One of the nicest people you will ever meet. For me, she is the face of the Sheraton.

Mark learn this song and sing it Jane to increase your chances

I would call and make a reservation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom