OT: Asking for help for Helping Hounds Dog Rescue in Dewitt | Syracusefan.com

OT: Asking for help for Helping Hounds Dog Rescue in Dewitt

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Posting it on this board because it will get the most traffic given the SU-IN game tonight. As some of you know I volunteer with a local dog rescue at Shoppingtown Mall called Helping Hounds. I am amazed at home many dogs they help get rescued and the dedicated staff that makes it happen on a shoestring budget. They have literally helped thousands of dogs get adopted in the few years that they have been open. Today only (December 3rd), the CNY Community Foundation is having a contest to help some local charity win $5K in the name of the "Giving Tuesday" movement.

I am hopeful that some of you who are also on Social Media might take a few minutes to help me help Helping Rounds be the lucky and deserving recipient. It would help a lot of dogs get their Holiday wish of a forever home!!

To help, you need to do one of the following:

1) Visit the Central New York Community Foundation facebook page and post to their wall:
Helping Hounds Dog Rescue #GivingTuesdayCNY

2) And/or tweet the same from twitter.

Please SHARE! Get everyone you know to vote for HHDR!! Thanks!!!!

Posting it on this board because it will get the most traffic given the SU-IN game tonight. As some of you know I volunteer with a local dog rescue at Shoppingtown Mall called Helping Hounds. I am amazed at home many dogs they help get rescued and the dedicated staff that makes it happen on a shoestring budget. They have literally helped thousands of dogs get adopted in the few years that they have been open. Today only (December 3rd), the CNY Community Foundation is having a contest to help some local charity win $5K in the name of the "Giving Tuesday" movement.

I am hopeful that some of you who are also on Social Media might take a few minutes to help me help Helping Rounds be the lucky and deserving recipient. It would help a lot of dogs get their Holiday wish of a forever home!!

1) Visit the Central New York Community Foundation facebook page and post to their wall:

My cousin asked me to do the same for the baldwinsville Y. But dogs seem more important than that. I vote for dogs.

Done.. voted. We have two dogs and are big on donating here locally in WV. Unfortunately WV is a tough spot but getting better regarding cracking down on puppy mills and animal cruelty.

Orangezoo said:
Done.. voted. We have two dogs and are big on donating here locally in WV. Unfortunately WV is a tough spot but getting better regarding cracking down on puppy mills and animal cruelty.

Thanks a lot! Forgot to mention that a lot of these dogs have come from rescues from the South where they would have been killed. Some have also come from puppy mills down there. Another reason to vote for Helping Hounds!

Thanks a lot! Forgot to mention that a lot of these dogs have come from rescues from the South where they would have been killed. Some have also come from puppy mills down there. Another reason to vote for Helping Hounds!
Missouri is notorious and have come to understand Pennsylvania also a problem - particularly around Lancaster area. Thanks for doing what you do!

DCCuse said:

Quick update... Thanks to everyone who took the time & voted in this. Helping Hounds was notified that they won that contest. That $5k will go a long way to helping get a lot of deserving dogs get adopted.

Quick update... Thanks to everyone who took the time & voted in this. Helping Hounds was notified that they won that contest. That $5k will go a long way to helping get a lot of deserving dogs get adopted.

Saw the notification on facebook awesome news!!.. looked like a few sore loser posts as well which is a shame. We donate to childrens funds and rescue operations a lot and its pet rescues that are often severely under funded.

Saw the notification on facebook awesome news!!.. looked like a few sore loser posts as well which is a shame. We donate to childrens funds and rescue operations a lot and its pet rescues that are often severely under funded.

That is a shame and there are obviously so many deserving charities out there and tough time of year. I'm just thrilled for Helping Hounds because I work with them directly and see how much good they do with what they have.

One example of added costs that this will help. A few weeks before Thanksgiving I transported this dog Little Roo to the vet for a consult. He is a boxer/boston terrier mix (or so they think) and he was the best traveler in the car and just loved to meet everyone and other dogs. Seems like he was found emaciated in a park, brought in until he was healthy to adopt. A family adopted him and then brought him back about 2 months later (no idea why given this dog's temperament). After he was back, they noticed a little bit of a limp on his back right leg, thus the consult. Any ways, he had a loose kneecap that Helping Hounds paid for his surgery and he is well on his way to recovery staying with a foster family. Who ever adopts this dog will get a lifetime of love! Wish I could have, but my dog does not "play well with others." Just one story of where that $ will help.

That is a shame and there are obviously so many deserving charities out there and tough time of year. I'm just thrilled for Helping Hounds because I work with them directly and see how much good they do with what they have.

One example of added costs that this will help. A few weeks before Thanksgiving I transported this dog Little Roo to the vet for a consult. He is a boxer/boston terrier mix (or so they think) and he was the best traveler in the car and just loved to meet everyone and other dogs. Seems like he was found emaciated in a park, brought in until he was healthy to adopt. A family adopted him and then brought him back about 2 months later (no idea why given this dog's temperament). After he was back, they noticed a little bit of a limp on his back right leg, thus the consult. Any ways, he had a loose kneecap that Helping Hounds paid for his surgery and he is well on his way to recovery staying with a foster family. Who ever adopts this dog will get a lifetime of love! Wish I could have, but my dog does not "play well with others." Just one story of where that $ will help.

Funny you should mention the kneecap. Our youngest dog who is 4 and rescued from a puppy mill breeder has loose kneecaps on both . Next week she has her 4th total surgery and 3rd on her left leg but the prognosis is she will be a running jumping fool once again by spring. Its awesome what these organizations can do and what anyone can do through adopting and rescuing and thanks for sharing that story.