OT: Auburn ... This makes our 'scandals' look silly | Syracusefan.com

OT: Auburn ... This makes our 'scandals' look silly

LOL, this shouldn't be much of a shock to anybody. It's a well known fact that the Auburn boosters are some of the most corrupt around and that's saying something. Damn near every program cheats, it's just to what extent and how effective they are at it. It's really simple, the incentives to cheat far outweigh the possible punishments. Everyone knows they won't use the death penalty and the NCAA is so inept that they can't even investigate themselves without screwing it up. Whatever punishments they will receive, it won't even put a dent into the amount of revenue that Auburn raked in during that championship season and the successive seasons afterwards unless the NCAA really grows some balls (hint: they won't).

I'm not shocked. But I'm not sure how much I believe it. The woman who did the article was previously on New York Times and Sports Illustrated, but now only has her own website. Which she broke the news on. And so far the only person that has talked to the media has vehemently denied ever saying that to that woman.

But I do remember that the first news of a wide ranging investigation into SU by NCAA broke by somebody doing his own blog. I thought that was some BS when I heard that.

Shows how stupid these kids are. One was offered $400 to skip the NFL for a year? Not a good investment if you ask me.

Notice how ESPN buried it at the end of SC.

Because it had nothing to do with Syracuse...until the NCAA gets pissed at Auburn for this and extends their years long investigation into Syracuse, then it will be world-wide breaking news...

Why should it be a surprise, that head of the company with the deer antler spray said, the Alabama players used it. By the way Vijay in golf paid a few thousand dollars for that stuff, where did the 20 players get that kind of money? Miami is coming after the NCAA, and you can bet that if they don't go after the SEC Auburn, and Alabama, Donna Shalala will raise hell with them.

No punishment for SEC teams. Watch the slap on the wrist they get.

Auburn isn't an "untouchable" SEC school. NCAA might want to make an example to make it seem like they are policing the SEC