OT: Auriemma Admits ACC Lawsuit Was Major Mistake Haunting UConn | Syracusefan.com

OT: Auriemma Admits ACC Lawsuit Was Major Mistake Haunting UConn

He's always seemed like one if the more intelligent people there. Their admin and fans, not so much.

He's always seemed like one if the more intelligent people there. Their admin and fans, not so much.
I have met him on a few occasions and he is a very likable intelligent guy.

I have met him on a few occasions and he is a very likable intelligent guy.

The intelligent comment doesn't surprise me, but the likable part does. He's never come across like that to me, but maybe he's different in person.

MSOrange said:
The intelligent comment doesn't surprise me, but the likable part does. He's never come across like that to me, but maybe he's different in person.[/QUOTE

He's definitely a good dude when you meet him.

A few of the fans over there still seem a bit delusional if you ask me.

A very good friend of mine (UCONN Alum and BIG Booster) invited me to play in a member-guest and Geno was in the group. He is a pretty fair golfer and shot his lowest score (to that date -this was back in the 80's). I was probably with him for 7 or 8 hours that day and he was very personable and he only talked BB when asked a question. I asked him what some of his former players were doing and he knew about all of them and had talked to some of them very recently. while one never knows for sure, I think he is well grounded and a good guy.

A very good friend of mine (UCONN Alum and BIG Booster) invited me to play in a member-guest and Geno was in the group. He is a pretty fair golfer and shot his lowest score (to that date -this was back in the 80's). I was probably with him for 7 or 8 hours that day and he was very personable and he only talked BB when asked a question. I asked him what some of his former players were doing and he knew about all of them and had talked to some of them very recently. while one never knows for sure, I think he is well grounded and a good guy.
If I'm not mistaken he is a good friend of JB

Geno has always played up being the "villain" for the good of women's hoops. Obviously Pat Summit was revered, so he said outrageous stuff to drum up publicity for the sport. It's funny because if you were paying attention he always said things with a wink and a nod, but it seemed that a lot of his peers never got the joke.

But the guy adores his former players, more than any coach I've ever seen quite honestly.

Pat Summit has a genuine dislike for him. She is convinced he got away with committing recruiting violations while going after a player they both wanted. I don't remember which player it was, but that's the sole reason they stopped playing each other annually.