Ot - Aussie open mens final | Syracusefan.com

Ot - Aussie open mens final

Marsh01

Living Legend
I call myself a casual tennis fan but this match between djokovic and nadal is rewriting the record books on greatest matches ever played. I have been glued to the tv since about 7 am.

It is a great match for sure but it would not make my top 1o all time.

factor in a 5 hr match by djokovicin the semi's though. both players were gassed

It was a great match; although the grunting drives me crazy. Will Federer be the last great non-grunter?

If you wanted grunting the women's final was full of it. It was awful sound-wise.

The WTA is going to have to do something about it. It makes the broadcast unbearable to watch.

Mens tennis right now is off the charts. Federer isn't the player he was, but he is still a great great player, and any time Federer, Nadal, and Novak play in a major the result seems to be a thrilled. Federer/Djokovic and Nadal/Djokovic at the Open last year was amazing.

Unbelievable match and just great theater.
Nola displayed some serious heart going back to back 5 setters.
Can someone explain to me why Nadal got an extra day of rest? Doesn't seem fair.

That was worth getting up early for. Better than any hoops we'll see this afternoon, for sure.

This is better than any college hoops maybe I will ever see. 2 of the best players of all time, playing at close to their highest level? unreal

This is better than any college hoops maybe I will ever see. 2 of the best players of all time, playing at close to their highest level? unreal

2 of the best players of all time who are not even the best player in the world currently. Federer cannot beat Nadal who cannot beat Djokovic. It's crazy. Throw in Murray and the men's top 4 is so stacked it is nuts.

I wasn't able to watch the match and I am sure it was a great one, but lets not forget Wimbledon 2008. That was the greatest match I have seen in my lifetime.

1. At the time it was the longest final in the Open era.
2. At the time Federer had won the previous five Wimbledon finals
3. At the time Nadal had only won a title at the French Open
4. Federer hadn't lost on a Grass court in 6 years.
5. The final set tie break went to 9-7. Keep in mind tie break rules at Wimbledon differ greatly from the US Open meaning that players keep playing until they win by two games.
6. The lowest score in any set was 6-4.
7. Nadal never broke Federer's serve until the second to last game of the match at 7-7 during the tiebreak. Federer's last broke serve during the second set.

I wasn't able to watch the match and I am sure it was a great one, but lets not forget Wimbledon 2008. That was the greatest match I have seen in my lifetime.

1. At the time it was the longest final in the Open era.
2. At the time Federer had won the previous five Wimbledon finals
3. At the time Nadal had only won a title at the French Open
4. Federer hadn't lost on a Grass court in 6 years.
5. The final set tie break went to 9-7. Keep in mind tie break rules at Wimbledon differ greatly from the US Open meaning that players keep playing until they win by two games.
6. The lowest score in any set was 6-4.
7. Nadal never broke Federer's serve until the second to last game of the match at 7-7 during the tiebreak. Federer's last broke serve during the second set.

Agreed, that was better than this morning. But today was pretty good.

Agreed, that was better than this morning. But today was pretty good.
Without a doubt I wish I could have watched this morning match live, but considering I went to bed at 2. I wasn't going to stay up another minimum five hours to watch the Aussie final.

When I was watching the match today, I was thinking I needed to watch the Wimbledon 08 final again, because I have always said that was the greatest match I've ever seen. It probably still is, but today was incredible.

The groundstrokes those 2 can hit are just amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom