OT: Automatic Pool Cleaners | Syracusefan.com

OT: Automatic Pool Cleaners

newmexicuse

All Conference
I did my homework & I acquired a Polaris 9300. It is now in the midst of it's second pool cleaning.

My pool is fairly large (28k gallons or so) & odd shaped with steps and sitting shelfs.

In the past I did not want a cleaner that hooked up to the filter system as I figured the hastle of getting the prime going & cleanup would not save me much effort since the vacuuming itself was no big deal once everything was setup and running.

So when I got a pool catalog & saw that the new ones were electric, did not hook up to the filter system, & had many models available under $ 1K I got interested.

It is actually quite amazing to see this guy scoot around the pool, climb walls, climb steps, and do tile brushing. The first time I used him it was not as good a job as I would have done manually, but it did do 90 to 95% pool coverage & even got some of my steps & shelves plus any tile brushing was a bonus. I figure running this guy twice a week will leave me with an overall cleaner pool & should not be a problem to get 100% pool coverage. So far so good.

Anyways, I am curious if anybody out there has experience with this or other models in a similiar price range.

I did my homework & I acquired a Polaris 9300. It is now in the midst of it's second pool cleaning.

My pool is fairly large (28k gallons or so) & odd shaped with steps and sitting shelfs.

In the past I did not want a cleaner that hooked up to the filter system as I figured the hastle of getting the prime going & cleanup would not save me much effort since the vacuuming itself was no big deal once everything was setup and running.

So when I got a pool catalog & saw that the new ones were electric, did not hook up to the filter system, & had many models available under $ 1K I got interested.

It is actually quite amazing to see this guy scoot around the pool, climb walls, climb steps, and do tile brushing. The first time I used him it was not as good a job as I would have done manually, but it did do 90 to 95% pool coverage & even got some of my steps & shelves plus any tile brushing was a bonus. I figure running this guy twice a week will leave me with an overall cleaner pool & should not be a problem to get 100% pool coverage. So far so good.

Anyways, I am curious if anybody out there has experience with this or other models in a similiar price range.

When we bought our house, the pool came with the Polaris. No idea what model it is but it does a great job of getting everything up off the pool floor. I could not imagine having the pool without it.

My only complaint is that the bag is not that large and can get full pretty quickly since our yard is full of, and surrounded by, high trees and, as a result, there is always stuff falling into the pool.

Boy it's a slow day on the basketball board haha :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom