OT- Awful clock management NFL playoffs Dolphins-Bills | Syracusefan.com

OT- Awful clock management NFL playoffs Dolphins-Bills

SUMJF

Walk On

The play started at 3:22 and the delay of game was at 2:29.

The Dolphins had between 51 and 65 seconds to get a play off in a must win situation and still got a delay of game.

I don’t want to complain about Dino Babers and clock management again. Dino wouldn’t get a delay of game on 4th and 1 after the play clock got restarted half way thru expiring. Just textbook awful clock management.

The Dolphins had between 51 and 65 seconds to get a play off in a must win situation and still got a delay of game.

I don’t want to complain about Dino Babers and clock management again. Dino wouldn’t get a delay of game on 4th and 1 after the play clock got restarted half way thru expiring. Just textbook awful clock management.
Dino's clock managment isnt good. With that said some act like SU is the only team that has these problems. I see it every week at all levels ( by some of the best coaches). Its just more noticable because SU isnt as deep as others so mistakes severely reduces their chances of winning.

Dolphins slipping up in a playoff game doesn’t justify Dino’s repetitive stumbles

We all laughed that the delay of game saved their butts and gave them another play after seeing that play call and the dreadful execution of it. Fourth and inches and the play starts 6 yards deep

they said they thought they had a first down and then had to scramble to figure out a 4th down play ? or did i get the plays mixed up?

they said they thought they had a first down and then had to scramble to figure out a 4th down play ? or did i get the plays mixed up?
Just noticed on this replay, McDaniel literally walks right under the Down marker. If he thought it was first down but it was actually fourth down then just look up. He totally screwed the entire thing up and goes shotgun for an obvious sneak.

Post game press conference McDaniel said the ref told him it was a 1st down, so they had a 1st down play called. Then it was changed to 4th down. Hence the confusion on getting the play in, and the delay of game.

Not sure how that odd one-off situation with miscommunication amongst the refs with Miami makes Dino look better.

McDaniel froze the entire game. I don't think it was a clock management issue as much as him not having confidence in his play calls all game. He seemed to have a bunch of McFit moments.

IMO the Ravens were 10x worse. They had zero urgency and didn't use either of their timeouts to stop the clock. In the end it didn't matter but imagine they got the 1st down that last play and had no time left instead of having time for 4 plays? Or a PI call leaving them 1 play vs 4 plays? I was yelling the whole 3 mins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom