OT- BB Clock Control Lawsuit | Syracusefan.com

OT- BB Clock Control Lawsuit

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Off topic but rather interesting. NC State, Roger Ayer’s (referee) and 2 Clock control Corps involved in a lawsuit.

It seems like NC St really did nothing wrong here and is not really involved - they were just the facility that was used for testing and footage and they were unaware of what was going on.

It's an interesting story however. Not sure if what Ayers did was unethical or conflict of interest. There are arguments for it I suppose.

It seems like NC St really did nothing wrong here and is not really involved - they were just the facility that was used for testing and footage and they were unaware of what was going on.

It's an interesting story however. Not sure if what Ayers did was unethical or conflict of interest. There are arguments for it I suppose.
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

It seems there are two major problems...both under the POTENTIAL for the APPEARANCE OF or actual impropriety.

One is the possibility that refs could make it appear that the existing competing system is malfunctioning.

The other is that refs could subtly pressure schools that don't use their new system by appearing to be tough on their calls against that team or, conversely, rewarding schools that do use their system with beneficial calls.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

It seems there are two major problems...both under the POTENTIAL for the APPEARANCE OF or actual impropriety.

One is the possibility that refs could make it appear that the existing competing system is malfunctioning.

The other is that refs could subtly pressure schools that don't use their new system by appearing to be tough on their calls against that team or, conversely, rewarding schools that do use their system with beneficial calls.
True , was thinking that the company should have paid a group of referees including retired ones to give their expertise input not just a singular ref who was also an investor. As for being a major investor in the company, that’s a mixed bag too. Sounds like he was a major investor too. He probably should have been posed the question, Retirement or investor? Reading that he and his company buddy had access to NC St facilities for a promotional video supposedly without NC St’s approval makes me go ‘Hmm, really? ‘Makes my skeptical side regarding refereeing by the northern ACC fans who question favoritism for southern member teams, seem a little more a valid question.

True , was thinking that the company should have paid a group of referees including retired ones to give their expertise input not just a singular ref who was also an investor. As for being a major investor in the company, that’s a mixed bag too. Sounds like he was a major investor too. He probably should have been posed the question, Retirement or investor? Reading that he and his company buddy had access to NC St facilities for a promotional video supposedly without NC St’s approval makes me go ‘Hmm, really? ‘Makes my skeptical side regarding refereeing by the northern ACC fans who question favoritism for southern member teams, seem a little more a valid question.
The whole thing is bizarre and underhanded. Hopefully the courts figure it all out