OT: Big Weekend | Syracusefan.com

OT: Big Weekend

orangefog

Certified Message Board Genius
Saturday morning, my little girl will be at the New York State Level 8 Gymnastics Meet in Long Island. She is the youngest competitor in the whole state and she will be trying to qualify for the Regional Meet in Massachussetts. We will be driving 4 hours home after the meet so that I can watch SU's big win against a very talented Michigan team. I would love to end Saturday knowing that my little girl is on her way to regionals after a very successful meet and SU is going to the NCAA championship game. I would appreciate any good luck sent our way.

Thanks to those who liked my post, I appreciate the support.

Saturday morning, my little girl will be at the New York State Level 8 Gymnastics Meet in Long Island. She is the youngest competitor in the whole state and she will be trying to qualify for the Regional Meet in Massachussetts. We will be driving 4 hours home after the meet so that I can watch SU's big win against a very talented Michigan team. I would love to end Saturday knowing that my little girl is on her way to regionals after a very successful meet and SU is going to the NCAA championship game. I would appreciate any good luck sent our way.

I don't know much about gymnastics but I know enough to know that Level 9 gets full rides to college and level 10 goes to the Olympics...she must be tremendous...

I don't know much about gymnastics but I know enough to know that Level 9 gets full rides to college and level 10 goes to the Olympics...she must be tremendous...
It is amazing what all these girls do. It takes alot of hard work to get to these levels, they all deserve alot of credit. My daughter just turned 9 and is a level 8. We aren't too worried about a college scholarship at this point, her goals are a bit different than college, but it is a long road. I never paid too much attention to the sport other than the olympics before my daughter got involved, but they practice for long hours and dedicate their lives to a sport that doesn't lead to riches, typically.

It is amazing what all these girls do. It takes alot of hard work to get to these levels, they all deserve alot of credit. My daughter just turned 9 and is a level 8. We aren't too worried about a college scholarship at this point, her goals are a bit different than college, but it is a long road. I never paid too much attention to the sport other than the olympics before my daughter got involved, but they practice for long hours and dedicate their lives to a sport that doesn't lead to riches, typically.

Hey, take a little credit yourself. I have a buddy whose daughter is a hotshot out in Colorado. I know how much he was spending every year not to mention all the time involved in getting the child to practices, meets, etc. It's a huge burden to them financially but you have to make sacrifices in life for your kids. I'm sure you are doing the same.

Hey, take a little credit yourself. I have a buddy whose daughter is a hotshot out in Colorado. I know how much he was spending every year not to mention all the time involved in getting the child to practices, meets, etc. It's a huge burden to them financially but you have to make sacrifices in life for your kids. I'm sure you are doing the same.
Absolutely, it is a great sacrifice for our whole family. But, as long as she has the passion for it and has a smile on her face doing it, I will support her in any way I am capable of.

Not sure how old she is but I will be looking for the US lady gymnast wearing Orange leotards in upcoming olympics.

Sounds like she has a great father and a great family!

Not sure how old she is but I will be looking for the US lady gymnest wearing Orange leotards in upcoming olympics.

Sounds like she has a great father and a great family!
Thanks, she dreams of the Olympics in 2020, but so does every girl her age. She is doing very very well, but it is a brutal sport physically and mentally. And, we are finding that it is not as simple as just having your child work hard let talent prevail. Part of our job is to put her in the best situation to reach her dreams, sometimes the path isn't easy to navigate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom