OT- Bonzie Colson rebreaks foot | Syracusefan.com

OT- Bonzie Colson rebreaks foot

So sorry for the kid.

Bonzie was in the true sense of the word - a battler. I love players who are undersized for their position but still excel.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

That blows. Hope he didn’t rush back the first time. Regardless that’s tough to hear.

Sad to think he may have rushed back just to give them a shot at getting into the tournament. Didn't work out, obviously, and now he may have caused more harm. Hope the best for him.

Hate to say it, but a good example of a guy who should have gone pro last year. Hope he still gets his shot at the league this year, but it will probably be an uphill battle since he is now most likely considered "damaged goods" by the league.

Hate to say it, but a good example of a guy who should have gone pro last year. Hope he still gets his shot at the league this year, but it will probably be an uphill battle since he is now most likely considered "damaged goods" by the league.

I don't know if he would have been drafted wondering if a 6'5" power forward is really coveted by the NBA though. He was told by NBA evaluators last year that going back was his best chance to get drafted by showing that he could also step away from the basket and shoot more consistently from the outside etc. I agree though that any chance he had is probably gone now if he can't even go to the NBA combine or Portsmouth Invitational. His athleticism was considered suspect so the predraft events would have been very important for him. Regardless it's so sad for the young man losing in essence his entire senior year.

He had no chance of getting drafted last year. None.

He had no chance of getting drafted last year. None.

So at the end of last year, he was in Chad Ford's Top 35, but he had zero chance of being drafted? Ok. I think his ceiling would have been very back end of the first round, but there's no way he doesn't get drafted in the second round.

I don't know if he would have been drafted wondering if a 6'5" power forward is really coveted by the NBA though. He was told by NBA evaluators last year that going back was his best chance to get drafted by showing that he could also step away from the basket and shoot more consistently from the outside etc. I agree though that any chance he had is probably gone now if he can't even go to the NBA combine or Portsmouth Invitational. His athleticism was considered suspect so the predraft events would have been very important for him. Regardless it's so sad for the young man losing in essence his entire senior year.

He's 6'5" but has an almost 7' wingspan. Plenty of comparisons to Draymond Green. Not ultra-athletic but can defend multiple positions and score in a number of ways. Also, he shot 43% on threes last year (on only 60 attempts, but a big step up from his 4 of 12 from three his sophomore year). Not arguing that he was anything close to a top draft prospect, but leaving last year was his best chance to be drafted. He wasn't going to get any taller and it was going to be tough to significantly improve on the 18 and 10 that he averaged last year.

I don't remember Colson being anywhere top 35 last year.

Maybe that's why Chad Ford was fired?