OT Buc's saints ending | Syracusefan.com

OT Buc's saints ending

SteveC

Starter
Mike williams gets shoved out of bounds so they lose the game? not sure i understand.

Just saw that. I don't get that rule.

For those who didn't see... With no time left Williams got shoved out of the back of the endzone. He came back in and Freeman hit him. The ref through a flag due to him being an ineligible receiver.

Can't go OB and come back in and touch it.

If you go out of bounds, and come back in, you can't be the first player to touch the ball. At least that's how I understand it.

I thought if you were shoved out it didn't matter?
One of the commentators started to say it didn't matter.. and then called it a great play by the saints defender :crazy:

Hurts because I've got MW and need the points.

Rules expert says since freeman was out of the pocket it it was legal for MW to be shoved. BS rule. or at least implemented in a BS way.

that was a bad call. he was forced out, plus he re-established himself in bounds.

that was a bad call. he was forced out, plus he re-established himself in bounds.
Doesn't matter. As stated above, once Freeman is out of the pocket, DB's can block without PI. And whether or not he was forced out, he can't be the first player to touch the ball. Not a bad call, as I understand the rules. Call the rule bad if you want, but not the call on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom