OT Chan Gailey is the dumbest coach in the NFL | Syracusefan.com

OT Chan Gailey is the dumbest coach in the NFL

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Its almost a shame I have to go from watching what Marrone and company put together in person yesterday to the complete opposite today with Gailey. This guy has absolutely zero clue. Makes me appreciate what I saw from the Orange yesterday even more.

I really don't understand why the Chan Gailey's and Norv Turner's of the world keep getting second and third chances. Watch, sometime in the next 5 years someone will have the bright idea to rehire Mike Mularky as a head coach for the third time. I get it. Belicheck was not lights out in his first stay either but enough is enough.

Worst record in the NFL over the last 3 seasons. If that doesn't get you fired, I don't know what else will. Does he have to give Ralph Wilson a wedgie or something?

For some reason, I was there today. So happy to see the end of the Gailey/Fitz era. I will be very interested to see who they can get now. Imagine Whaley will take over as GM. Hopefully they can get a young aggressive coach. Someone will hold everyone accountable finally.

Does that include Nix?

Rumor is he is out to, an article today blasted him for publicly saying Buffalo was desperate to draft a QB. Writer said the worst GM is the kind who will give up the farm because there desperate.

Rumor is he is out to, an article today blasted him for publicly saying Buffalo was desperate to draft a QB. Writer said the worst GM is the kind who will give up the farm because there desperate.
Hi Don Banks...my name is RGIII

This is ALL OVER the Buffalo Bills messageboards. Figured I would re-post since some prominent posters over there have hinted something is going down (transfer of ownership), when people questioned this post.

Taken from TwoBillsDrive and its also on the BuffaloBills.com Messageboard

"(source below) Ralph Wilson will be shooting a pre-recorded CRITICAL statement regarding the team for "Mondays" business...This is real big news with more implications and info below, but bare with me as I go back a few days ago.

...So I reported a verified thread a few days ago...... http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...ill-be-altered ...... (verified by a few local media connections within the post which also had like 3k plus views).....anyways it talked about why the press conference time for Monday was "TBA" and SO far it is NOT rescheduled yet for New Years Eve. I spoke with him again tonight...first let me clarify for just a few who thought the reason for the move was due to the holiday, its not because the XMAS eve presser was given out by Friday and he said no one has info on the new time and its "wait and see" directly from MGMT.

anyways, how this relates to huge ralph wilson pre recorded statement news.....

Along with a pre-recorded statement that will be edited and contain critical information... so much so that the video team is on strict orders to be on call at the facility Sunday/Monday with a complete gag order. The editing will be done in another room as it comes in live so that Ralph make adjust anything the behind the scenes team deems necessary as it relates to how it will look and sound. NO PRESS WILL BE WITNESS to this and its only going to be Ralph's handler and necessary people. This is not a happy holidays greeting either people, so dont even say that. Ralph has never done one anyways. Also, there is a private salon coming in to help groom Ralph and its been now relayed to him that the months of this season have been spent rehabbing, eating and trying to present a solid, healthy Ralph Wilson for the camera, but this is all for this recording. Exactly why he is in town right now and everyone said he looks great, like Eric Wood on Twitter.

Now, with that being the news, he can confirm all the above, but is speculating THE CONTENT of the video and its with dare "he" says, "real insider news". This last part, please dont run to the bank with it. But it might be the fact he is stepping down control, but has controlling interest still with the organization. Also perhaps to be naming Monday the successors/HC...He wont fire anyone on camera, thats for sure, it would be already done. But thats the news!

Ralph has always done the things right. Think about this guys. The NFL could even have a hand in this. This could set the tone on how aging super star owners step down. It makes sense instead of the guy just dying like other owners who do in a middle of a season. This just gives it a better ribbon and makes things look better prepared from the organization standpoint and the league standpoint. Having owners die in term is not the example they want.

THIS IS HUGE! and go..."

Love Ralph, but the team needs a new owner for the future. Get a new owner, put in a down town retractable roof stadium. I think if the bills ever won again they would have laid enough roots in Canada and have people from Roch/Syr come back that they would be long term viable with a decent size fan base.

The Bills already have a viable long term fan base... If the team didnt suck so bad they would easily sell out every home game. The ownership uncertainty hurts them from a GM and coaching perspective and from a talent perspective. No coach or GM with options elsewhere want to come into a franchise where they are literally a heartbeat of a 90 something year old man away from new ownership and the full house cleaning that would come with it. That's how we ended up with Channix in the first place... No one with a good rep wanted the Bills GM and coaching job. Free agents, other than Mario, kind of see the same thing so the Bills have to pay a premium to retain or get new talent.

I hope this announcement is true and I think it might be with the estate tax going up so much next year but who really knows. That original post seems so shady and goofy to me. I've also heard that Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas are "buying" the team but that can't be possible given their combined net worth is less than 50 mm...

Love Ralph, but the team needs a new owner for the future. Get a new owner, put in a down town retractable roof stadium. I think if the bills ever won again they would have laid enough roots in Canada and have people from Roch/Syr come back that they would be long term viable with a decent size fan base.

Chan officially out per Buffalo Bills Facebook page. ESPN just reported it as well.

So he's no longer the dumbest coach in the nfl...