OT: Comedy Central roasts | Syracusefan.com

OT: Comedy Central roasts

Eric15

Living Legend
I usually love these (of Trump, Charlie Sheen, Bob Saget, etc.), but thought that the Roseanne roast on Sunday was kind of disappointing. Just curious what others thought.

I agree it sucked I did like Amy Shulmer though...

Stupid. Gross. Shock value of graphic sexual content jumped the shark long ago. Not just for the Roseanne Roast, but for all of them.

I used to love the roasts, but now, it seems for every clever quip, we must endure endless mindless drivel. Every woman is a slut and every man is gay...too easy.

I agree they're pretty repedative now and Rosanne was aweful through the whole thing... but I still love Gilbert Godfrey.

I felt bad for Tom Arnold - he came out and said a lot of very nice things, and she seemed to just give him dirty looks the whole time.

I usually love these (of Trump, Charlie Sheen, Bob Saget, etc.), but thought that the Roseanne roast on Sunday was kind of disappointing. Just curious what others thought.
Didn't see the Roseanne roast, but will have to catch the replay. The David Hasselhoff roast will remain the all-time greatest.

Didn't see the Roseanne roast, but will have to catch the replay. The David Hasselhoff roast will remain the all-time greatest.

Agreed!

Lisa Lampanelli (imitating the famous Hulk Hogan hand to the ear listening to the crowd move): "What's that Hulkster? Oh, that's the sound of an 18 year old boys' balls slapping against your ex-wife's chin!"

I concur that the Roseanne roast was atypically sub-par. Gilbert absolutely killed it, though.

Huge Jeff Ross fan, for the longest time I felt he was the only good Roaster. I'm pretty pumped for his new show that debuts tonight..

Jeff Ross really found his niche. He's getting upwards of 200K per CC roast now per Jay Mohrs podcast.. not bad scratch.

I concur that the Roseanne roast was atypically sub-par. Gilbert absolutely killed it, though.

let me guess, he closed with "The Aristocrats"

Ross was his usual great self in crushing Roseanne. His new show, The Burn, had me in fits.