OT: Crosby, Stills, and Nash | Syracusefan.com

OT: Crosby, Stills, and Nash

stuckinbig11

All American
A shout out to Dick in Michigan, who I met at the CSNY concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills a few years ago. I went to a CSN concert in Canandaigua last night and had a great time. My 33-yr-old son was visiting from NC; he is as much a fan as I am, so I took him along. If you get a chance to see these guys in your locale, you will come away feeling good.

A shout out to Dick in Michigan, who I met at the CSNY concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills a few years ago. I went to a CSN concert in Canandaigua last night and had a great time. My 33-yr-old son was visiting from NC; he is as much a fan as I am, so I took him along. If you get a chance to see these guys in your locale, you will come away feeling good.
Saw them in August of 2010 when they opened for Tom Petty at Darien Lake. Great performance by both groups and the crowd was just as much into CSN as they were the headliner.

Didn't know they were in the area. They formed more than ten years before I was born but love their music. How do they sound? I imagine with that style of music they probably still sound good.

Didn't know they were in the area. They formed more than ten years before I was born but love their music. How do they sound? I imagine with that style of music they probably still sound good.
Voices are not as good as when they were younger, and they don't try for all the high notes anymore. However, they still put on a great show. Last night, Stephen Stills' guitar solos were amazing. The crowd was really into it, as I sat there and smiled through much of the show.

to sing the blues you've got to live the tunes . . . .

I saw them...gosh probably 20 years ago. Great show. I have to imagine they have aged quite a bit but still probably put on a great show.

Caught them(with Neil Young) at their second live performance, August 1969 at Yasgur's farm. They weren't the headline act, I don't think a lot of people ever heard of them at that time and the sound wasn't that good, but what a great start and exposure for their talent. Their vocal harmonies at the forefront was such a pleasant change . Had no idea, at the time, of their musical lineage, have been a fan ever since.

outdoors on the lawn in canandaiga is a great venue. i lived in farmington about a half mile from the racetrack in the late 80's and caught many a live show there. just gorgeous place to be on a moonlit night or up on the hill for a sunny day jazz fest.