OT: Cuse Freshman Tosses No-hitter in Debut (Softball) | Syracusefan.com

OT: Cuse Freshman Tosses No-hitter in Debut (Softball)

I'm actually really good friends with her. We went to high school together at Cicero-North Syracuse. She was the 2013 Gatorade New York State Player of the Year for Softball, and she was named a MaxPreps 2nd team All-American. This means that she was one of the top 60 players in the country.

Here's her stats from MaxPreps:
P - Sydney O'Hara, Cicero-North Syracuse (Cicero, N.Y.), Senior
The 5-foot-7 senior right-handed pitcher led the Northstars to a 25-1 record and the Class AA state championship. O'Hara owned a 19-0 record with a 0.16 ERA while striking out 283 batters in 128 innings. She also batted .500 with 11 home runs and 42 RBIs. O'Hara is a three-time Central New York Player of the Year and First Team All-State selection. Syracuse is her next team.

I'm actually really good friends with her. We went to high school together at Cicero-North Syracuse. She was the 2013 Gatorade New York State Player of the Year for Softball, and she was named a MaxPreps 2nd team All-American. This means that she was one of the top 60 players in the country.

Here's her stats from MaxPreps:
P - Sydney O'Hara, Cicero-North Syracuse (Cicero, N.Y.), Senior
The 5-foot-7 senior right-handed pitcher led the Northstars to a 25-1 record and the Class AA state championship. O'Hara owned a 19-0 record with a 0.16 ERA while striking out 283 batters in 128 innings. She also batted .500 with 11 home runs and 42 RBIs. O'Hara is a three-time Central New York Player of the Year and First Team All-State selection. Syracuse is her next team.

how can there possibly be a better pitcher with those stats?

how can there possibly be a better pitcher with those stats?

I thought the same thing, although the stats of some of the other pitchers are pretty impressive. There's 19 players combined on the first and second teams. I put the link for the article below. 1st ling is the 1st team, second link is the second team. Syracuse was almost always Sydney's dream school. Syracuse really lucked out. She will be one of the most dominant pitchers and one of the best players to ever play at Syracuse. She can hit too, which is a huge plus. She's one of the best hitters on this year's team.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/article.aspx?articleid=024612c2-63a7-4ab9-b686-c3ad73b00667&page=1
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/article.aspx?articleid=024612c2-63a7-4ab9-b686-c3ad73b00667&page=2

Why can SU have a softball team but no baseball? Is it just impossible to recruit in the area?

Why can SU have a softball team but no baseball? Is it just impossible to recruit in the area?

Weather in the Northeast plays a major roll. Outdoor sports are not as popular with kids. Too easy to stay inside and play XBox when southern kids are doing the real thing outside in the spring and fall. All the best outdoor kids are from the south, football, golf, baseball etc...

I thought the same thing, although the stats of some of the other pitchers are pretty impressive. There's 19 players combined on the first and second teams. I put the link for the article below. 1st ling is the 1st team, second link is the second team. Syracuse was almost always Sydney's dream school. Syracuse really lucked out. She will be one of the most dominant pitchers and one of the best players to ever play at Syracuse. She can hit too, which is a huge plus. She's one of the best hitters on this year's team.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/article.aspx?articleid=024612c2-63a7-4ab9-b686-c3ad73b00667&page=1
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/article.aspx?articleid=024612c2-63a7-4ab9-b686-c3ad73b00667&page=2

same with me... sucks for pasqulaoni and/or boeheim i wasnt a top football or bball player... at least the bar owners were happy to hear of my very early commitment to cuse