OT: Dan Roundfield dies saving his wife at Baby Beach in Aruba | Syracusefan.com

OT: Dan Roundfield dies saving his wife at Baby Beach in Aruba

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I was at that beach last July. It's the same place where supposedly that women disappeared last August. According to this article Roundfield and his wife were out passed the dividing rocks. It's pretty nasty out there. When I was there some people were kiteboarding which I wanted to try. Then I saw how nasty the waves were and passed on it. Funny thing is that it's called Baby Beach because by the actual beach it's pretty calm and shallow. The day I was there the lifeguards had to go out and save some guy from New Jersey. He couldn't swim a lick and almost drowned. I think the water came up to his shoulders.

Anyways, I met Roundfield at a celebrity golf outing in the mid 90's. He drove up in a brand new Black BMW 7 series with the license plate "Rounds". Of course that was how I figured out who he was. He was a really nice guy and that car was beautiful.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/08/...undfield-drowns-in-aruba/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

RIP

If I can choose a way to go out, it is saving my wife and/or kids. In my mind Roundfield and the 3 batman guys are hero's.

My thoughts are with his wife and family.

Is baby beach near the Marriott? I stayed there literally on the day they brought the 3 kids to that beach to tell there story. It was a mad house of security and press the whole week I was there.

It was right around the 60 day mark. I only know that because there is some Arubian law that they had to release the 3 after 60 days and we flew back to Atl with like 15 CNN people.

Is baby beach near the Marriott? I stayed there literally on the day they brought the 3 kids to that beach to tell there story. It was a mad house of security and press the whole week I was there.

It was right around the 60 day mark. I only know that because there is some Arubian law that they had to release the 3 after 60 days and we flew back to Atl with like 15 CNN people.
Baby beach is all the way down on the southern tip of the island, near an oil refinery. I don't remember any resorts near it at all. Most are up by Palm Beach
aruba-map.jpg

Anyways, I met Roundfield at a celebrity golf outing in the mid 90's. He drove up in a brand new Black BMW 7 series with the license plate "Rounds". Of course that was how I figured out who he was. He was a really nice guy and that car was beautiful.
http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/08/...undfield-drowns-in-aruba/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks
I grew up watching those Atlanta teams on TBS. The Braves were billed America's team as they were the first broadcast nationwide on cable, and they were pretty fun to watch with Bob Horner, Dale Murphy and Phil Niekro playing for them. Skip Caray's voice is just too easy to imitate. The Hawks had Roundfield and Tree Rollins at the time. Roundfield, as I recall was a very good player. Not quite an All Star, but very productive power forward. It's a shame to hear he has passed this way.

I grew up watching those Atlanta teams on TBS. The Braves were billed America's team as they were the first broadcast nationwide on cable, and they were pretty fun to watch with Bob Horner, Dale Murphy and Phil Niekro playing for them. Skip Caray's voice is just too easy to imitate. The Hawks had Roundfield and Tree Rollins at the time. Roundfield, as I recall was a very good player. Not quite an All Star, but very productive power forward. It's a shame to hear he has passed this way.

still are MURICA'S team.

He was an all star.

Baby beach is all the way down on the southern tip of the island, near an oil refinery. I don't remember any resorts near it at all. Most are up by Palm Beach
aruba-map.jpg

Yeah, the Marriott is in Oranjestad. I don't think anyone knows what happened with Holloway, but i believe that was where the 3 guys claimed to have seen her last. That's why the police brought them there.

I know the story changed a million times. Maybe 1 of the stories has something to do with Baby Beach.

You guys ever do one of those off road Jeep tours to the Rock Formations? You can see how easy it would be for someone to "dissapear" out there...