OT Denver Nuggets | Syracusefan.com

OT Denver Nuggets

SWFLCUSE

All Conference
It may be just because I'm a fan of the Nuggets but they have to be the deepest team in the Nba, they have about 12 guys that can contribute right now

Their easily the deepest, but all solid players at best, no stars. Them trying to prove a point of winning without a star or 3, will have them never coming out of the west.

Jordan Hamilton is the guy I'm looking to break into the rotation this year. He looks really solid and his game has absolutely improved. I'm hoping Quincy Miller puts in all the necessary work to show the same kind of growth. He won't see much time this year, but has the frame and athleticism to be very good.

I honestly think any of Lawson, Gallinari, or McGee could all be all-star calibar players as they mature and improve.

Kenneth Faried is my favorite Nugget with Ty Lawson a close second. I'm a big fan of this team, but I'm really not sure if George Karl's style is ever going to result in a title. I'm leaning more and more towards a move for a more defensive minded coach.

I honestly think any of Lawson, Gallinari, or McGee could all be all-star calibar players as they mature and improve.
I just don't see any of them being an all star. Just my opinion. Lawson would have to average a lot more in both assists and scoring, Gallo, I can't even get into how soft he is. Although they say around here in Denver he has been working like a mad man this summer. McGee has loads of talent, but could be the biggest knuckle head in the league.

I wouldn't mind a stronger focus on defense, but Karl is really well liked in Denver and unless the team has a couple of horrible seasons in a row.

Kenneth Faried is my favorite Nugget with Ty Lawson a close second. I'm a big fan of this team, but I'm really not sure if George Karl's style is ever going to result in a title. I'm leaning more and more towards a move for a more defensive minded coach.
I like Karl, but I think it's more front office. They still have never got the bigs they needed when Melo was here to beat the Lakers. You have Faried, great rookie season except when he had to play against 2 7 footers in the playoffs. McGee showed flashes, and I believe that's his max. You have to build to beat them, and now you have to build to beat OKC. Everyone else contending in the west has made big moves, and strides, except the nuggs.

Those bigs just aren't out there right now. They've tried to get big but struck out with Mozgov (so far) and Koufos. I like McGee and think he can be a very very good big. The Nuggs' have the depth and pieces to throw a huge deal at Orlando for Dwight, but if he didn't like Orlando he's not going to like Denver. I'm glad they didn't go after guys like Stiemmsma who just got a big deal in Minny. It's a tough time to be a smaller market, middle of the road team in the NBA. We're honestly doomed to continue to be a mediocre team with constant 5th-8th place finishes and first round exits. For me, I'd take two absolutely futile seasons in a row to get top-of-the-lottery talent and build that way, but with the amount of above average talent on the roster, that's unlikely. Our ceiling is between 4th and 6th in the West and maybe winning a first round series. No huge name is going to sign their max deal in Denver when the stars are aligning in the biggest markets.

Those bigs just aren't out there right now. They've tried to get big but struck out with Mozgov (so far) and Koufos. I like McGee and think he can be a very very good big. The Nuggs' have the depth and pieces to throw a huge deal at Orlando for Dwight, but if he didn't like Orlando he's not going to like Denver. I'm glad they didn't go after guys like Stiemmsma who just got a big deal in Minny. It's a tough time to be a smaller market, middle of the road team in the NBA. We're honestly doomed to continue to be a mediocre team with constant 5th-8th place finishes and first round exits. For me, I'd take two absolutely futile seasons in a row to get top-of-the-lottery talent and build that way, but with the amount of above average talent on the roster, that's unlikely. Our ceiling is between 4th and 6th in the West and maybe winning a first round series. No huge name is going to sign their max deal in Denver when the stars are aligning in the biggest markets.

I agree with most of that. Denver is not a destination city for NBA'ers. But one things for sure, Denver is a 10x better city in every way than Orlando!

I agree with most of that. Denver is not a destination city for NBA'ers. But one things for sure, Denver is a 10x better city in every way than Orlando!
I'll second this x10

Wow, there's another Nuggets fan who posts on these boards? That makes two of us!

They suffer from the alleged "Syracuse Syndrome"...all solid (ahem) "role" players, but no star to carry the water.
Gottlieb would have a field day with that roster!
The same questions they asked about us; "Who's gonna take the last shot in crunch time?
Who's their go-to guy"?, can also be asked about the Nuggs.
Lawson is their only sure-fire AllStar, IMO, but he's a prototypical PG and can only do so much.
They'll win their share of games, but they won't come out of the West.
In other words, same-old same-old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom