OT- Derrick Brower | Syracusefan.com

OT- Derrick Brower

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Anyone remember Derrick Brower?

I have only seen 2 games from the 86-87 season being a newer fan from the late 90's on.
But, I look back at Derrick and his build in the game against Carolina. I couldn't help but think he had the build of a absolute monster. I was shocked when the guy got in the game thinking who is this guy? He looks like the toughest guy on Syracuse.

Sadly he ended up with drug charges in Cincy and did 5 years in jail.
A funny blog on him from orangehoops.
http://orangehoops.org/DBrower.htm

He was our designated Technical Foul shooter. Almost as good as GMAC from the stripe.

Anyone remember Derrick Brower?

I have only seen 2 games from the 86-87 season being a newer fan from the late 90's on.
But, I look back at Derrick and his build in the game against Carolina. I couldn't help but think he had the build of a absolute monster. I was shocked when the guy got in the game thinking who is this guy, he looks like the toughest guy on Syracuse.

Sadly he ended up with drug charges in Cincy and did 5 years in jail.
A funny blog on him from orangehoops.
http://orangehoops.org/DBrower.htm
His favorite spot was McDonalds. That pretty much summed it up. He had a few bright moments, but never lived up to any projections. I think he was pretty highly rated coming out of Long Island. I also believe he had on his final four ring when he got arrested. Not the sharpest tool in the tool kit.

His favorite spot was McDonalds. That pretty much summed it up. He had a few bright moments, but never lived up to any projections. I think he was pretty highly rated coming out of Long Island. I also believe he had on his final four ring when he got arrested. Not the sharpest tool in the tool kit.
He was one of the unsung heroes of the Final Four run. He was a "plodder" up until that point then he turned into a monster.

He was arrested but it was his first offense and served a 6 month sentence and community service back in 1990 from his 1989 arrest. He was from a good family, his father was a police officer. Derek is doing well now. He shocked plenty of people when he got involved in bad stuff back then.

I posted a picture of him from the BET. He's thinned out a lot and doing well.

He was our designated Technical Foul shooter. Almost as good as GMAC from the stripe.
I don't know if it's just us, but have had some really hideous free throw shooters in recent history. Help me out here:

Derek Brower
Hermann Harried
Stevie Thompson (it actually hurt me to watch him shoot FTs)
Josh Pace
Arinze Onuaku (his form was not horrendous, but the results sure were)

I don't know if it's just us, but have had some really hideous free throw shooters in recent history. Help me out here:

Derek Brower
Hermann Harried
Stevie Thompson (it actually hurt me to watch him shoot FTs)
Josh Pace
Arinze Onuaku (his form was not horrendous, but the results sure were)

TROB
Scoop (2012)
Forth
Conrad
Hopkins

scaled.php

And the award for the worst freethrow shooter in Syracuse history goes to......

DERRICK COLEMAN

Had he hit his freebies, Syracuse would have 2 championships.

And the award for the worst freethrow shooter in Syracuse history goes to......

DERRICK COLEMAN

Had he hit his freebies, Syracuse would have 2 championships.

I still blame Triche for the loss in the finals. A Senior Captain can't miss the second free throw with 38 seconds left. That would have made it a 4 point game. DC was a freshman who played his ass off in the game and had 19 boards.

I still blame Triche for the loss in the finals. A Senior Captain can't miss the second free throw with 38 seconds left. That would have made it a 4 point game. DC was a freshman who played his ass off in the game and had 19 boards.
Yes...and Sherm missing his patented floater in the lane with 1:42 to go.
And turning the ball over to give Alford a 3 just before halftime.
There are plenty of places to point the finger.
Orange fans knew what was going to happen at the end.
And it did.

Bottom line is...winning teams make their free throws...especially when they really matter.
Credit Josh Wright in the '06 BE Tourney Final.

I still can't believe '03 is real.

If I remember correctly, either Melo or Hakim missed the front end of a one-and-one toward the end of the championship game. That's easy to forget when we have that glorious picture of Warrick swatting that last shot.

Read this to the end it doesn't mention it but when he was arrested he had an uzi in his possession
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/04/03/s...y-replaced-reality.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm