OT: Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives is back in Syracuse in 16 minutes | Syracusefan.com

OT: Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives is back in Syracuse in 16 minutes

jekelish

Living Legend
Also known as "tonight's episode."

No clue what restaurant it is, it just said something about a tomato dipping sauce.

if its tomato dipping sauce its pastabilities..interesting story about that sauce..the original maker of that sauce who once was part owner of pastabilities now makes CHEEKY MONKEY dipping sauce..which is actually better in my opinion. They sell it at the regional market as well as a stand alone thing in Destiny USA..i believe you can get it at price chopper as well.

Yep, it's Pastabilities. I've never eaten there, is it really that good? I don't know that I've ever seen Guy go this over the top nuts over everything he eats at a restaurant on this show. He's absolutely raving about everything (and usually you can tell how much he actually likes the food he's eating; this time, he legitimately seems floored by how good it is).

if its tomato dipping sauce its pastabilities..interesting story about that sauce..the original maker of that sauce who once was part owner of pastabilities now makes CHEEKY MONKEY dipping sauce..which is actually better in my opinion. They sell it at the regional market as well as a stand alone thing in Destiny USA..i believe you can get it at price chopper as well.

Cool - thanks for the tidbit. I have a bag of Cheeky Monkey in the fridge. Stuff is amazing and the wife always buys it.

Yep, it's Pastabilities. I've never eaten there, is it really that good? I don't know that I've ever seen Guy go this over the top nuts over everything he eats at a restaurant on this show. He's absolutely raving about everything (and usually you can tell how much he actually likes the food he's eating; this time, he legitimately seems floored by how good it is).
It's pretty damn good. A little spicy but with some fresh Italian bread you can just pound the stuff.

The sauce definitely looks good. They also showed a duck bacon flatbread pizza, which Guy said might have been the best duck entree he's ever had.

Cool - thanks for the tidbit. I have a bag of Cheeky Monkey in the fridge. Stuff is amazing and the wife always buys it.
cheeky monkey has more garlic and spices in it..my opinion is its the best by far. Another interesting tidbit.. the sauce that you buy from pastas bread which is across the street from and owned by pastabilities is actually a little different than the dipping sauce actually served in pastabilities..not sure why they do that but yea.

It's pretty damn good. A little spicy but with some fresh Italian bread you can just pound the stuff.

ive had sunday dinners that consisted of nothing more than that dipping sauce and a loaf of crusty italian or wegmans garlic artisan bread.

ive had sunday dinners that consisted of nothing more than that dipping sauce and a loaf of crusty italian or wegmans garlic artisan bread.

same here bud! that bread/sauce combo has ruined many dinners for me...

now a tradition to stand in line christmas eve and pick up 6 stretches and a couple of big containers. Supposedly they are going to expand distribution of the spicy hot tomato oil.

The original preparation is still the best, homemade fettuccine and shreaded romano.

im tellin you guys...cheeky monkey is just on another level than the pastabilities sauce. Its like comparing Jim Boeheim to Greg Robinson.

Cheeky Monkey sauce is excellent, was definitely a go to back in school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And at Syrajuice.

It's hotter, even better than the original.

guy fieri is the one critic you gladly welcome. he's never ever once offered a single negative comment about any place he's been on his show . so it's kinda hard to tell if it really tastes good or he's spittin' it out off camera.
"whoa craptastic! but hey all my taste buds are filled with 10 day old crisco!"
and fwiw the hug at the end seemed a bit more dr. phil than emeril. i'll give it a try.