OT: Do any of you Knick fans ever watch the post-game show on MSG? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Do any of you Knick fans ever watch the post-game show on MSG?

nycfan

2nd String
Alan Hahn and Wally Szczerbiak like to read a couple tweets from viewers on the show. So anyway Melo got hurt tonight (diving over the Knick bench for a loose ball) and missed the final 2 minutes of the game. During the post-game presser, Coach Woodson said Melo was going to play tomorrow against the Heat despite getting 6 stitches (which turned out later to be only 5). So I tweeted this to Alan, and he chose it to read on the air:

@alanhahn so Melo is playing against Heat w 6 stitches, one week after Duncan, Parker, Ginobili all needed to 'rest' vs Heat

Now in Melo's own post-game comments, he did say his finger was numb at the moment, so didn't really want to commit. Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed---definitely a huge basketball night tomorrow (unfortunately both games at 8pm).

I wanted so badly for Melo to come in with a bandaged hand and hit a game winner. Oh well, it was good to see J.R. knock it down, after the night he was having. I really hope Melo plays tomorrow because Knicks, Heat has precedence over Syracuse vs. an unranked OOC opponent, in my household.

I wanted so badly for Melo to come in with a bandaged hand and hit a game winner. Oh well, it was good to see J.R. knock it down, after the night he was having. I really hope Melo plays tomorrow because Knicks, Heat has precedence over Syracuse vs. an unranked OOC opponent, in my household.
I was completely expecting that to happen once they got that late TO.

Regarding J.R., read a tweet after the game that he had previously been 0-7 career on potential game-tying/go-ahead shots with 10 sec or fewer left in the 4th qtr/OT. And loved his reaction after he hit it---completely motionless, freakin awesome--what a cool customer. Had to watch it again about 4-5 more times, also just to hear Mike Breen's call--- just sensational.

Alan Hahn and Wally Szczerbiak like to read a couple tweets from viewers on the show. So anyway Melo got hurt tonight (diving over the Knick bench for a loose ball) and missed the final 2 minutes of the game. During the post-game presser, Coach Woodson said Melo was going to play tomorrow against the Heat despite getting 6 stitches (which turned out later to be only 5). So I tweeted this to Alan, and he chose it to read on the air:

@alanhahn so Melo is playing against Heat w 6 stitches, one week after Duncan, Parker, Ginobili all needed to 'rest' vs Heat

Now in Melo's own post-game comments, he did say his finger was numb at the moment, so didn't really want to commit. Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed---definitely a huge basketball night tomorrow (unfortunately both games at 8pm).
I heard them read your tweet! Too funny

Alan Hahn and Wally Sczerbiak are awesome btw. Thats a funny tweet, good stuff!

JR is the funniest player ever. Gets the steal, 2 on 1, JR decides to run to the 3 point line and dribble the ball out??? Then hits the game winner like a boss haha.

JR is the funniest player ever. Gets the steal, 2 on 1, JR decides to run to the 3 point line and dribble the ball out??? Then hits the game winner like a boss haha.

most JR play ever. Loved Kidd flying over to try and call a TO

most JR play ever. Loved Kidd flying over to try and call a TO
That was hilarious. JR is a trip.

Good chance he doesn't get to take that shot if Carmelo hadn't cut his finger.

I would be shocked if Carmelo doesn't play tonight with a cut on his non-shooting hand.

Yeah, I was hoping Melo could do that also. Michael Jordan must be having fits after his team threw that game away.

For whatever it's worth, in the post game interview, JR said the first option on the play was Felton, but he was covered.

It was also really funny, Tina Cervasio asked him about the huddle when they were drawing up the play and JR said his teammates were pissed at him for not taking the layup. I totally buy that

Did he think we were leading? I seriously can't even begin to figure out what he was thinking. You could see him trying to defend himself in the timeout, everyone was basically like What JR, are you serious with that.

Did anyone see Kidd's reaction when Melo looked at his hand lol. I thought he had a bone sticking out or something based off Kidds expression...thank goodness its only a laceration.

For whatever it's worth, in the post game interview, JR said the first option on the play was Felton, but he was covered.

It was also really funny, Tina Cervasio asked him about the huddle when they were drawing up the play and JR said his teammates were pissed at him for not taking the layup. I totally buy that

You could see Jason Kidd yelling, "Dude the game is tied! you gotta take the layup"

It truly is amazing what Jason Kidd brings to this team, especially in crunch time. After the Brooklyn game the Knicks commentators were saying how it was a game where the absence of Jason Kidd was evident. After watching all the little things he did down the stretch last night, it couldnt be more clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom