OT: DQ | Syracusefan.com

OT: DQ

There are a lot of DQs out west here. When my wife & I travel it is a favorite stop for ice cream only - don't care for the rest of the menu.

However, in terms of Blizzards, my favorite (wife likes peanut buster) the quality is not uniform from store to store.

My wife & I always kid around and say that when I retire I will go to work for DQ as a quality control Blizzard taste tester from store to store.

There are a lot of DQs out west here. When my wife & I travel it is a favorite stop for ice cream only - don't care for the rest of the menu.

However, in terms of Blizzards, my favorite (wife likes peanut buster) the quality is not uniform from store to store.

My wife & I always kid around and say that when I retire I will go to work for DQ as a quality control Blizzard taste tester from store to store.
My son owns the place, so the quality remains high. They also have a bigger menu than the newer DQs -- 48 Blizzard flavors. Food-wise, I like the Flame-Thrower Chicken Wrap.

Ideal Friday night growing up in North Syracuse. Burgers at A+W or Henry's followed by the Big Dip enroute to the North Drive-In.
When we were at Oswego many times we would hit up the A&W and then swing over to the Champion Factory Outlet and then stop at the Salvation Army in Fulton on the way back. Amazing how much stuff you could get for dirt cheap.

You have to try the royal blizzard they put fudge right in the middle. Its bliss.

Envy me. I am sitting in my son's Dairy Queen in East Tawas, MI, across the street from Lake Huron and just finished off my signature Blizzard that I designed a couple years ago--raspberry with chocolate chunks and peanuts.

is he the franchise owner?

Envy me. I am sitting in my son's Dairy Queen in East Tawas, MI, across the street from Lake Huron and just finished off my signature Blizzard that I designed a couple years ago--raspberry with chocolate chunks and peanuts.

Ive got one about 10 or so minutes away, but dont recall ever going there. Maybe your descriptive account of carnal pleasure and possibly hedonism will inspire me to give it a try soon.

I guess this is a West Coast thing? We stopped in to a DQ in Boulder City, Nevada a couple months ago and the non-dessert food was all this gross-looking baked sandwich type stuff. I'm accustomed to DQ serving burgers and dogs and that crazy chicken finger basket with the gravy and Texas toast, so this was kind of a disappointment.

I guess this is a West Coast thing? We stopped in to a DQ in Boulder City, Nevada a couple months ago and the non-dessert food was all this gross-looking baked sandwich type stuff. I'm accustomed to DQ serving burgers and dogs and that crazy chicken finger basket with the gravy and Texas toast, so this was kind of a disappointment.

Most of the DQs in NM and AZ where we tend to stop do have the burger & dog menu that you describe.

I did not mean to say that DQs burgers and dogs are necessarily worse than similar from other fast food restaurants, just that we rarely will have that kind of a fast food meal.

Just as an aside, I also like the shakes at Sonic, good alternative if no DQs are around !!

Love DQ's chocolate malts.

Brings back memories of when I used to live in Syracuse years ago and my buddy and I would get Reese's Pieces sundaes from Friendly's - yum!