OT - Facilities Nuclear Arms Race | Syracusefan.com

OT - Facilities Nuclear Arms Race

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Holy Crap...are you kidding me?? Seems a little bit over the top for public school districts to be building $60 million high school stadium no matter how wealthy the school district is. Maybe the State of Texas or Federal Government should cutoff some of their funding so that they don't find it so easy to put the good money they appear able to raise to such questionable purposes.

Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

$60 million High School Stadium

It's Texas, what do you expect?

Four words: "No state income tax."

The economy is booming here. I suggest you stay hidden in your glass house.

Four words: "No state income tax."

The economy is booming here. I suggest you stay hidden in your glass house.
Texas can spend their money on what they want, but I don't think their booming economy is because of those four simple words. Or maybe I'm missing the magical boom in Alaska and Wyoming and Tennessee...

Stadium funding is voted on by the public. If residents of a school district vote to increase their school taxes to pay for a stadium over 5-10 years, what business do you (or the Feds, or their state) have to tell them that they can't?

Sure, there are those that live in the school district that don't agree and will end up paying for a project that they didn't vote for, but that's how the USian system works. I can name a few taxes that I'm currently paying, or will soon be paying, that I didn't vote for either.

Stadium funding is voted on by the public. If residents of a school district vote to increase their school taxes to pay for a stadium over 5-10 years, what business do you (or the Feds, or their state) have to tell them that they can't?

Sure, there are those that live in the school district that don't agree and will end up paying for a project that they didn't vote for, but that's how the USian system works. I can name a few taxes that I'm currently paying, or will soon be paying, that I didn't vote for either.

They didn't, they approved a bond measure for the stadium, the school budget didn't pass and it's pretty shitty by national standards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom