OT: First ever "SU Day" at Camden Yards | Syracusefan.com

OT: First ever "SU Day" at Camden Yards

Eric15

Living Legend
Saturday, August 20th will be the first-ever "SU day" at Camden Yards against the Red Sox. For anyone who has never been, many consider Camden Yards the best park in baseball.

SU Day at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.jpg

Saturday, August 20th will be the first-ever "SU day" at Camden Yards against the Red Sox. For anyone who has never been, many consider Camden Yards the best park in baseball.

View attachment 217839
SU has partnered with the Yankees and Mets for similar days many times in the past. I think it is great to see this expanded outside NYC.

The Nationals should definitely do one. Would think the Red Sox, Braves, Rays and Marlins could also do one. Maybe the Phillies too!

View attachment 217839
Love, love, love Camden Yards. During my ventures to B'more I have had occasion to shake hands with Willie Mays, (his hands absolutely engulfed mine, and I do not have small hands), met Rex Barney and Boog Powell, saw Cal Riken playing lacrosse catch with his daughter during pregame: he with his glove, her with her lacrosse stick. I also saw Cal's last 3 games. Great Park. Boog's BBQ is legit.

Stadium was conceptualized by an SU student (Eric Moss) who was hired from his final review of the project and then the idea was "stolen" by another firm.

The great thing about games at Camden Yards is you don't have to worry about standing in lines for beer, food or bathrooms, and big crowds. Attendance is horrible these days.

When I go, I usually get thick cut bacon on a stick (right field corner stand) and waffle fries topped with crab dip. It's like surf-and-turf. Then wash it down with a locally brewed Natty Boe or Guiness Blond.

Unofficially, it's the 2nd one.

Bayside44, KaiserUEO and I went to a Yankees - O's game several years back and represented the orange.

I believe the final score was Camden Yards Cheese Steak 1, Bayside 0.
I'm envisioning Kaiser trying to run on the field and high five Cal Ripken during his consecutive games victory lap and promptly being tased.

I'm envisioning Kaiser trying to run on the field and high five Cal Ripken during his consecutive games victory lap and promptly being tased.
Pretty sure KaiserUEO wants nothing to do with the Orioles.

Why couldn't this game be against the Yanks or Mets?

Pretty sure KaiserUEO wants nothing to do with the Orioles.

Why couldn't this game be against the Yanks or Mets?
That would have been great but those games will probably draw the biggest crowds of the season for the Orioles.

Guessing they were okay with the idea as long as SU was okay with scheduling the day where the opponent doesn't draw many fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom