OT for Suttree... | Syracusefan.com

OT for Suttree...

Forza Azzurri

All American
Oscar Vergara retiring

I think I played against Than Sun Ho when he was a senior and i was a soph.

I definitely played against his brother, Hei Ho (I think that was his name). In fact, I played on an indoor tournament team at Westvale where it was about 10 Vietnamese refugees, including Hei Ho, and me and I'm pretty sure Oscar was the coach.

Not to out you, but I believe this is you?

1573164596711.png

I played against his sister, Stanki Ho

Oscar Vergara retiring

I definitely played against his brother, Hei Ho (I think that was his name). In fact, I played on an indoor tournament team at Westvale where it was about 10 Vietnamese refugees, including Hei Ho, and me and I'm pretty sure Oscar was the coach.

View attachment 172604

Oscar Vergara retiring

View attachment 172604
That's our guy, who's also a great host if you have the chance to visit with him in Austin.

Suttree played on that squad with the husband of my wife's best friend up here.

Last edited:
That's our guy, who's also a great host if you have the chance to visit with him in Austin.

Played on that squad with the husband of my wife's best friend up here.
I played Varsity for 'Ham in '81, '82 & '83. Any chance I played against you?

I think Matty is younger so we never played against each other.

I don't know Matty but it is quite a testament to him that, after coaching for 43 years, the two people that Vergara mentions are Than Son Ho and Matty.

Than Son, I get. He was a special player so it is easy to understand why Vergara both remembers him and brings him up. Matty? He clearly stands out for something other his ability on the pitch.

I played Varsity for 'Ham in '81, '82 & '83. Any chance I played against you?

I think Matty is younger so we never played against each other.

I don't know Matty but it is quite a testament to him that, after coaching for 43 years, the two people that Vergara mentions are Than Son Ho and Matty.

Than Son, I get. He was a special player so it is easy to understand why Vergara both remembers him and brings him up. Matty? He clearly stands out for something other his ability on the pitch.
Sorry, meant to say that Matt played on that squad with our friend. I'm not a soccer player.