ot greg oden has 3rd microfracture surgury | Syracusefan.com

ot greg oden has 3rd microfracture surgury

I have a tough time labeling someone who's career has been completely derailed by injury a "bust."
true, its not like hes in the same grouping as a michael olowokandi who was a major bust at #1..its along the same lines again as the blazers taking bowie over jordan, this time oden over durant

true, its not like hes in the same grouping as a michael olowokandi who was a major bust at #1..its along the same lines again as the blazers taking bowie over jordan, this time oden over durant

I agree with the Jordan / Durant similarity not going #1 their respective years.

I have a tough time labeling someone who's career has been completely derailed by injury a "bust."

I completely agree. I presume a subsequent poorly titled ESPN documentary is in their future..."The Best that Never Was" part two.

Feel bad for the kid. He really was a great player in college.

That poor dude is made of glass. I'm guessing this ends his career.

Makes sense, although in this case you could still make the argument because he already had injury concerns heading into the draft.

Hopefully, he can have a Grant Hill type recovery and still play a several decent years. I'm still amazed Hill has had a long career when he was brittle and injury ridden for so many years.

Makes sense, although in this case you could still make the argument because he already had injury concerns heading into the draft.

I don't think so. Didn't he only break his hand/finger/wrist at some point that one year at OSU? Nobody saw all this coming.

I sometimes feel that the doctors diagnose things that they wouldn't have found years ago and he might have been able to play through

I believe it was also known that his legs were of different lengths. Not a big issue for the common man, but for a huge person in a hyper-athletic sport, should have been a bigger red flag.

Hopefully he's smart with the 1.5mil he earned in his 2 seasons. He can be set for life if he lives like an average person.

Did Oden have an injury in HS? I know he had the wrist injury at OSU, but I could have sworn he had something in HS too.

Wow, he's on his third? The articular cartilage in his knees must be gone at this point. That poor guy is looking at knee replacement someday, it's just a matter of when.

When Ohio St faced Georgetown in the 07 Final 4, many people thought they were watching a future NBA All Star center, who knew that Roy Hibbert would be that guy?