OT...Heard Tim Tebow speak in person last night | Syracusefan.com

OT...Heard Tim Tebow speak in person last night

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
Tim Tebow came to our (large) church to speak last evening. Man, that guy is a great speaker. Had plenty of stories to tell from the time he first starting playing T-ball at age 4 (he was already very competitive at that age) to when he was at UF to times he helps underprivileged and undervalued kids. His dad made him memorize Bible versus before he could play T-ball.

He carries with him a very positive message of selfless sacrifice, being different, making a difference in others, having passion in whatever you do, faith in the Lord (which is best of all), and finishing strong whatever you do. He was funny, serious, and a real pleasure to listen to. It's too bad some people don't appreciate what he stands for. His passion is still football but realizes it's just a game, not life. He apparently has a 1000 requests to speak places. Really enjoyed listening, as did my son. He got a great standing O at the end.

I agree. He's a very inspiring guy. He's always positive and encouraging. You know what you're going to get with him. I always hoped he'd catch on with a team and be successful. Even if its not in the NFL, hes intelligent and will be successful in one thing or another

oldpinepoint said:
I really admire him, I thought he got raked through the coals by the media

Yaaaaaaa think?

I hated the guy watching him be the 2nd coming as a college player, but immediately after started to admire him as a young man.

Would love to hear him speak. In my opinion, he's one of the most inspirational public figures out there.
He comes across as a guy definitely on a mission with his word, but a down-to-earth funny guy who seems to know what's important and what is just noise. You'd really enjoy listening to him.