OT-If Tyson Chandler can't keep Hibbert off the O Boards, what exactly does he contribute? | Syracusefan.com

OT-If Tyson Chandler can't keep Hibbert off the O Boards, what exactly does he contribute?

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
He gives you nothing on offense and rarely blocks a shot. He has gone from underrated to overrated IMO

What does Jason Kidd contribute? Zero. Looks afraid to take open shots. Time to call it a career if this is all he has left.

Chandler should be benched, get Martin in at power forward he'll rebound, Stat plays center, Melo back where he belongs at small forward. Felton and Shumpert start in backcourt, at least you have 3 scorers and 2 rebounders in the lineup

when it was the first month of the season, the knicks could be all like "look at our veterans we are awesome" but in the playoffs when push comes to shove it is still Carmelo with a bunch of crap. jr smith is the exact reason why you wouldn't draft his brother. i like Jason kidd but the dude looks like he is 100. i'm willing to let chandler off the hook and say he's injured, because otherwise he sucks. and everyone on this board tries to spend all this time telling me all the talent Carmelo gets to play with.

What does Jason Kidd contribute? Zero. Looks afraid to take open shots. Time to call it a career if this is all he has left.
At least he gets some loose balls and is a decent rebounder for a Guard, but Prigioni has been outplaying him in the playoffs.
Shumpert and Felton are the only guys who have been good consistently.

Prigioni should play the bulk of Kidd's minutes. Not sure why he isn't.

Knicks miss Novak, a guy who can hit three treys in a row.

Jr smith forgot how to shoot. Man, cringeworthy watching him IMO.

Chandler is fine--what he contributes is second chance opportunities by tipping the ball out.

If smith and Anthony continue to shoot poorly, they will lose. It's simple.

I think something more worrisome is that Melo has had one good game in the past two weeks.

Can't be a volume shooter without hitting some shots every now and then...

Prigioni should play the bulk of Kidd's minutes. Not sure why he isn't.

Knicks miss Novak, a guy who can hit three treys in a row.

Jr smith forgot how to shoot. Man, cringeworthy watching him IMO.

Chandler is fine--what he contributes is second chance opportunities by tipping the ball out.

If smith and Anthony continue to shoot poorly, they will lose. It's simple.
chandler is fine? he is the Olympian and all-star getting taken to the cleaners by hibbert? What are you talking about??

chandler is fine? he is the Olympian and all-star getting taken to the cleaners by hibbert? What are you talking about??

My point is the Knicks offensive struggles >>>>>>>> stopping Roy hibbert. That's what I am talking about.

You act like Roy Hibbert is some scrub. He's not. Even Georgetown players can have successful NBA careers. Anything else you want to discuss?

Chandler has been awful pretty much the whole playoffs. He's playing hurt, so I can cut him some slack, but he is killing the Knicks.

The Knicks play better when Melo is at the 4, they need to continue to give him minutes there. They just need to do a much better job containing Hibbert. And Kidd needs to stop getting so many minutes.

But Melo has been pretty bad too. He had a solid first half, but he was pretty much awful in the second half. Every game doesn't have to be a referendum on him as a player, and yeah a lot of the guys around him have been bad in this series, but the guy is shooting 39% from the field in the playoffs and has 16 assists in 9 games. It's ok to say he's been bad too.

Also, not sure if i misread one of the reference, but JR and Russ Smith aren't brothers.

I think a good question is what position should the Knicks draft a 5, or a young point? Or something else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom