OT - I'm thinking of switching from TWC to Fios | Syracusefan.com

OT - I'm thinking of switching from TWC to Fios

NYCSUGrad

All Conference
This is in NYC. Does anyone know if they carry Syracuse Sidelines and other related programs that TWC does? How are they in general? I've heard good and bad, and they seem to contradict themselves as to whether you're locked in for two years or not. Thanks in advance.

I made the switch in NJ. Miss out on some TWC stuff but internet usually has the stream either way. Main point: DO IT! Fios is so much better quality I never looked back.

This is in NYC. Does anyone know if they carry Syracuse Sidelines and other related programs that TWC does? How are they in general? I've heard good and bad, and they seem to contradict themselves as to whether you're locked in for two years or not. Thanks in advance.

No, they do not carry the programs you've described. And yes, you are locked in for 2 years.

I have FIOS in Manhattan and I love it. Internet never cuts out, and TV has a wide selection of HD channels. Just make sure you get the upgraded sports package (it has ESPNU, MSG, SNY, etc).

With 50GB internet and my tv package, it comes to about $95 every month.

Thank you both. My cable crapped out on me so it seems a good time to switch.

I made the switch in NJ. Miss out on some TWC stuff but internet usually has the stream either way. Main point: DO IT! Fios is so much better quality I never looked back.

Where in NJ? Contemplating same switch, but from Cablevision to Fios...

Where in NJ? Contemplating same switch, but from Cablevision to Fios...
Northern NJ, about 10-15 minutes from Newark. Comcast was my provider, but I swear it, tiniest drop of rain and we gone. No matter how many times they came to "fix" the lines outside.