OT **IMPORTANT** OT: If you shopped at Target on Black Friday... | Syracusefan.com

OT **IMPORTANT** OT: If you shopped at Target on Black Friday...

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
So as many of you heard, on Black Friday, Target was hit by hackers who stole data including names, account numbers, expiration dates and other data taken from the magnetic strips of credit and debit cards were swiped.

Well, the hackers duplicated my card and went on a spending spree. (Over $1,000 at a Winn Dixie and several stops at McDonads, Walgreens, PF Chang's and Wal-Mart)

If you shopped at Target over Thanksgiving weekend, DEFINITELY review your account online and call your credit card company if anything looks weird.

All the fraud against me happened in the last few days.

Sorry, to put this on the hoops board after such a close game, but I wanted all of you to see this message so you could protect yourselves from potential fraud.

Sorry this happened to you. You shouldn't be responsible for the fraudulent charges.

I didn't think it was possible to spend $1000 at a Winn Dixie. That's a lot of Pizza Rolls. ;)

Thankfully, I won't be responsible.

But it's still a pain in the neck as I've already spent a half hour on the phone with my bank and they said they're calling again tomorrow.

As for the Winn Dixie, it was $1,000 over multiple visits to two locations in two days and I can only imagine they bought lots of beef, booze or both.

Thankfully, I won't be responsible.

But it's still a pain in the neck as I've already spent a half hour on the phone with my bank and they said they're calling again tomorrow.

As for the Winn Dixie, it was $1,000 over multiple visits to two locations in two days and I can only imagine they bought lots of beef, booze or both.
Yeah, I know it's a pain in the neck. I had my card info stolen/hacked a while ago. Bastards went on a shopping spree in a mall. Several thousand in charges. The pain is the time it takes to deal with it.

And having lived in either NJ or MA the last 20+ years, I always forget that in other (civilized) states, one can buy adult beverages in a supermarket.

orange79 said:
Yeah, I know it's a pain in the neck. I had my card info stolen/hacked a while ago. Bastards went on a shopping spree in a mall. Several thousand in charges. The pain is the time it takes to deal with it. And having lived in either NJ or MA the last 20+ years, I always forget that in other (civilized) states, one can buy adult beverages in a supermarket.

Man i hate going to another state where they dont sell beer in a grocery store. Drives me crazy

Man i hate going to another state where they dont sell beer in a grocery store. Drives me crazy
Or you could be an unassuming out of towner here in Colorado, and go in a grocery store and buy beer, all the while not knowing it's 3.2%. I finally stopped warning people in the last few years. A lot of wives buying beer for their hubby's know exactly what they're doing..

Otto, didn't mean to hijack you. That sucks, sorry that happened. I'm just lucky enough I didn't have much to steal on black Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom