OT (ish) - Tim Green involved in 'Ban College Football' Debate in NYC... | Syracusefan.com

OT (ish) - Tim Green involved in 'Ban College Football' Debate in NYC...

MikeSU02

Living Legend
He is on the side against the motion with Jason Whitlock. Their counterparts are Buzz Bissinger and Malcolm Gladwell.

http://intelligencesquaredus.org/index.php/debates/ban-college-football/

Corruption and a growing concern for head injury have put college football in the spotlight. Are football programs’ millions in profits exploitation? Or are they still a celebration of amateur sport? Does football’s inherent danger and violence have any place in institutions of higher learning? Or does it provide young men with educational opportunities they would not otherwise have? *Panelists subject to change.

He is on the side against the motion with Jason Whitlock. Their counterparts are Buzz Bissinger and Malcolm Gladwell.

Corruption and a growing concern for head injury have put college football in the spotlight. Are football programs’ millions in profits exploitation? Or are they still a celebration of amateur sport? Does football’s inherent danger and violence have any place in institutions of higher learning? Or does it provide young men with educational opportunities they would not otherwise have? *Panelists subject to change.
Intelligence squared debates are so dumb sometimes. Anyone who pats themself on the back too much for their intelligence probably doesn't have as much as they think.

thinking that the corruption, head injuries, exploitation, danger, and violence has no place in higher ed doesn't imply that a ban is in order.

Malcolm Gladwell is the intellectual darling of the moment. My daughter read an article he wrote for her freshman comp class, using the Michael Vick dog story to (a) compare football players to dogs who are trained to fight; and (b) to provide a background to his take on brain injuries from repetitive trauma that is short of an official "concussion", to reach the conclusion that football should be banned.

I'll bet he was cut from his squash team in prep school.

Sometimes I wish they'd ban Tim Green.

Malcolm Gladwell is the intellectual darling of the moment. My daughter read an article he wrote for her freshman comp class, using the Michael Vick dog story to (a) compare football players to dogs who are trained to fight; and (b) to provide a background to his take on brain injuries from repetitive trauma that is short of an official "concussion", to reach the conclusion that football should be banned.

I'll bet he was cut from his squash team in prep school.
He doesn't bother me as much as his fawning fans that think he is a genius because he has mad scientist hair but yeah he is overrated

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom