OT-ish: What's the youngest you'd take a kid | Syracusefan.com

OT-ish: What's the youngest you'd take a kid

themole

Starter
to the Dome for a (daytime) hoops game?

I have a 21-month old and was considering bringing him Dec. 31 against CeCoStUn (as they are widely known) when I'm in the area. My dad would go too. Does this sound nuts? Should I wait another year? I really have no idea. lol. It's not like taking an infant where they'll sleep through whatever. No idea if he'd have fun watching or want to run around the whole time thus making it a nightmare or what.

to the Dome for a (daytime) hoops game?

I have a 21-month old and was considering bringing him Dec. 31 against CeCoStUn (as they are widely known) when I'm in the area. My dad would go too. Does this sound nuts? Should I wait another year? I really have no idea. lol. It's not like taking an infant where they'll sleep through whatever. No idea if he'd have fun watching or want to run around the whole time thus making it a nightmare or what.
There may (or may not) be a big crowd there. If we win out before that game, it will be JB's 903rd victory... so it would be historic game. I think he is probably too young to sit still for 2+ hours, but you know him better than I do. All 21-month-old kids are different.

I probably wouldn't take my son until he's at least 2, but that's just because at (almost) 20 months now I know how short his attention span is. He'd happily run around the concourse all day, but trying to get a kid that young to sit still in his seat is tough. Plus it would really hinder my ability to drink plenty of Dome foam.

I took my son when he was 2. It was to a leymoyne game (no not THAT game). We left at halftime. I kept taking him. He became obsessed and tonight he was a rabid 12 year old (fresh off a James Southerland autograph on his shirt) screaming for the TV cameraman (yes he was on TV) pulling his shirt out proudly showing his colors. I've created a monster.

Take him to as many games as possible. You will thank yourself for it down the road.

I'm thinking about taking my 2 year old daughter to her first Dome hoops game when I'm back home for the holidays.

Tried a football game with an 18 mo old. He had a blast stalking otto on the quad. We made it to the nine minute mark of the first quarter before i tapped out. He couldn't handle the noise

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You guys are pretty brave.

I say go for it man.

I took my son at 13 months to a game at the dome he was fine.From 3-6 years old he was pretty difficult. Now he is 11 and enjoys rooting against SU just to p*ss me off! I did the same thing to my dad when it came to the Giants.

I took my son to his first game this year. He is a young four. We rode the Manley bus ( a big deal for him) visited Mr Davis on the Quad and took pictures. Of course grabbed pizza on Marshall. It was a preseason game so not really crowded. He was a little spooked by Otto and we ran to a booth to grab ear plugs about 3 minutes in but otherwise he did really well. I think I tired him out because we left with about 8 minutes left I the game. Full of popcorn, pizza and orange pride.

My Daughter is three and a half now. This year was her first year with a season ticket. We have been going to games since she was about a year. I have a major advantage, because my wife does the majority of everything. Be preparded to buy a foam finger, popcorn and maybe ice cream. Also if you can find an unoccupied row (shouldnt be too hard for that game) he can have room to walk up and down that row, and you can lay some of his favorite items out (for us iPhone and iPad come to mind. I say go for it, you wont be able to see the entire game, but you will start creating great memories you will cherrish for the rest of your life.