OT: It's 63 and raining here in NC | Syracusefan.com

OT: It's 63 and raining here in NC

chakka3421

All Conference
Taking a cheap mans family driving vacation to Disney (Disney is relatively real cheap in August), my luck it ends up warmer and nicer in Syracuse I bet! Weird weather this year! Hope it turns around in the next day or 2...

I love it now in NC...tolerable, cool weather...kinda lke October right now

But it's August and we didn't pack any fall clothes! There goes my budget - on clothes no less - Disney stores here we come!

If anyone is interested - took us about 11 hours driving 70ish mph with a few breaks to get to Charlotte NC - straight shot down 81 to 77.

Looks like you could drive to many ACC games if you wanted to. Clemson, GT, F ST & Miami are prob to far for a weekend trip. Maryland were fools to leave - fans could easily drive to most ACC places. Wonder how many plan to drive to Iowa or Nebraska? Really?

Ok hit the SC border in less than 12 hours. I think Clemson might be drivable with a group of guys trading off. Isn't Clemson in the Northern part of S Carolina?

Anyway my turn to drive again and it's time for me to go dark and enjoy my vacation!

Can't wait for football to finally start! Go Orange!

Taking a cheap mans family driving vacation to Disney (Disney is relatively real cheap in August), my luck it ends up warmer and nicer in Syracuse I bet! Weird weather this year! Hope it turns around in the next day or 2...

If you're in the Carolinas, just forget Disney and go to Carowinds. Who needs Mickey & Donald when you can have Snoopy & Charlie Brown? Plus, you can stop driving now. ;)

I love it now in NC...tolerable, cool weather...kinda lke October right now

Ha by Tuesday it will be back in the 80's and humid with chance of storms all week... at least where I am.

The weather in the Carolina's this week has been phenomenal. Less rain would be nice but the break in temps can't be beat.

It'll be plenty warm when you get to Orlando... I just came in the house, the heat and humidity are starting to kick in for the day

Well, I have a lot of complaints about Los Angeles, but none of them concern the weather.

Shocker, 85 and sunny again.

The weather in the Carolina's this week has been phenomenal. Less rain would be nice but the break in temps can't be beat.

Yes I could definitely have done without the 3 inches of rain last night...maybe I can go into raising mushrooms. Never mind, I can still recall the smell of the mushroom farms in PA. Oooh wee.

It'll be plenty warm when you get to Orlando... I just came in the house, the heat and humidity are starting to kick in for the day

Just don't tell him it's been raining almost daily for well over a month; at least on the opposite coast from you. Assuming OTown is getting it too since either y'all send us your morning rain in the afternoon, or we send y'all our morning rain in the afternoon. :)

Yes I could definitely have done without the 3 inches of rain last night...maybe I can go into raising mushrooms. Never mind, I can still recall the smell of the mushroom farms in PA. Oooh wee.
Yeah, we are having a heck of time a time with lawn fungus this year. Add to that the loss of two trees and a couple of azaleas due to root rot and the savings from not running the sprinklers are more than lost in dead plants ( my lawn is essentially new, we moved into a new house last summer and most plantings went in this spring).

Just don't tell him it's been raining almost daily for well over a month; at least on the opposite coast from you. Assuming OTown is getting it too since either y'all send us your morning rain in the afternoon, or we send y'all our morning rain in the afternoon. :)

lol... we've been pretty dry here for the last couple of weeks, I actually had to turn our sprinklers on last week. I had a chance to get back up to Syracuse a few weeks ago, loved the 70 degree days... just made it seem more like a nice November football afternoon.

This has been the rainiest summer since moving down to Charlotte, unbelievable how crazy this weather has been.