OT - Jalen Carey | Syracusefan.com

OT - Jalen Carey

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Had 18 and 6 boards last game and 12 and 8 the game before!

Had no idea and figure most here didn’t either.

Averaging10 and 5 for the season.

Obviously things didn’t pan out the way everyone hoped, but glad to see him playing some good games and being a big contributor as a 5th year senior.

Transferring is a way of life in the NCAA now more than ever. Unless a kid was a terrible kid while he was here, I will always hope the best for those that came and left. And being upset at PT, or looking for a different role (even if the pasture is not greener on the other side) does not make one a bad kid, nor one to root against.

Transferring is a way of life in the NCAA now more than ever. Unless a kid was a terrible kid while he was here, I will always hope the best for those that came and left. And being upset at PT, or looking for a different role (even if the pasture is not greener on the other side) does not make one a bad kid, nor one to root against.
Absolutely. They’re going to come and go, in this current system. Kid clearly wasn’t a PG or a shooter which makes it tough when you’re only 6’2 - 6’3, unless you’re Stevie Thompson.

Heck of an athlete though, and maybe he’s figuring out how to make the most of that this year? 5 boards per game at his height is very good.

Remind me. What position didnjalen Carey play. I can’t remember who he was and what he played

No updates on Braswell and Newton?

* EDIT Forgot about Anselem.

Last edited:
I posted an update on ALL of our transfers the other day. Posted all their stats. But, it’s gone. *Shrug*

Braswell hasn’t played in many games. 10, I think. I figured someone might know why, but…..*shrug*
I'll look for it. I usually just see the posts regarding ex-players having a good game or two, but not the other side of the coin.

Newton is said to be playing well. There was a thread on him a week or two ago, which was locked.
Averaging 5 points and 4 reb. per game in 16 mpg for the season. Shooting 36% from 3. Did not play at all for a month, and then barely played for awhile. Recently he’s been playing 20+ minutes every game and has started 5 games. Had a couple 12 point games, had 5 points and 10 boards last game. Not lighting the world on fire or anything, but his role has been increasing and seems to at least be a solid contributor now.

I posted an update on ALL of our transfers the other day. Posted all their stats. But, it’s gone. *Shrug*

Braswell hasn’t played in many games. 10, I think. I figured someone might know why, but…..*shrug*
DW, I think your post was deleted because it was in the wrong thread. Sometimes we very good posts are lost getting rid of very bad ones.

I found it and have it pasted below. Nice research. Full credit to OrangeDW for posting this...

Just some updates on all our favorites who through unfortunate circumstances didn’t finish their careers at SU. But when you’re Orange, you’re Orange for life.

Kadary Richmond - Seton Hall - 10 ppg, 5 rpg, 4 apg in 26 mpg on a 13-9 Seton Hall team. Not a fan of that program at all, but good work Kadary! Playing solid all around ball.

Robert Braswell - Charlotte - seems to be hurt? Has only played 10 games and averaging 5 ppg while shooting 19% from 3. Last year he played 21 mpg while averaging 8 ppg and shooting 41% from 3. Always liked Bras’s potential as a 3 and D role player - seemed to be playing it last year. Hoping his shin issues didn’t flare up this year?

Quincy Guerrier - Oregon - 9.8 ppg and 4.8 rpg in 27 mpg. Shooting 34% from 3 on 4.4 attempts per game. Obviously a solid player, but hasn’t seemed to improve really. He came in ready to contribute. Maybe just didn’t have the elite athleticism to be a stud and while his shooting his gotten better, he’s a guy who can make them rather than a “shooter”. Hope he finishes strong. Team is 13-9.

Jalen Carey - Rhode Island - 9.7 points, 5.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 29 mpg. Did not even realize he was playing so much and so well! Had 12 points and 8 boards and then 18 points and 6 boards in his last 2 games. Team is only 8-13 unfortunately. Glad to see he’s a big contributor in his 5th year senior season though.

Brycen Goodine -
played 4 games in November and averaged 7 ppg for Fairfield. Hurt?

DW, I think your post was deleted because it was in the wrong thread. Sometimes we very good posts are lost getting rid of very bad ones.

I found it and have it pasted below. Nice research. Full credit to OrangeDW for posting this...

Just some updates on all our favorites who through unfortunate circumstances didn’t finish their careers at SU. But when you’re Orange, you’re Orange for life.

Kadary Richmond - Seton Hall - 10 ppg, 5 rpg, 4 apg in 26 mpg on a 13-9 Seton Hall team. Not a fan of that program at all, but good work Kadary! Playing solid all around ball.

Robert Braswell - Charlotte - seems to be hurt? Has only played 10 games and averaging 5 ppg while shooting 19% from 3. Last year he played 21 mpg while averaging 8 ppg and shooting 41% from 3. Always liked Bras’s potential as a 3 and D role player - seemed to be playing it last year. Hoping his shin issues didn’t flare up this year?

Quincy Guerrier - Oregon - 9.8 ppg and 4.8 rpg in 27 mpg. Shooting 34% from 3 on 4.4 attempts per game. Obviously a solid player, but hasn’t seemed to improve really. He came in ready to contribute. Maybe just didn’t have the elite athleticism to be a stud and while his shooting his gotten better, he’s a guy who can make them rather than a “shooter”. Hope he finishes strong. Team is 13-9.

Jalen Carey - Rhode Island - 9.7 points, 5.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 29 mpg. Did not even realize he was playing so much and so well! Had 12 points and 8 boards and then 18 points and 6 boards in his last 2 games. Team is only 8-13 unfortunately. Glad to see he’s a big contributor in his 5th year senior season though.

Brycen Goodine -
Thanks! Guess I didn’t get all of them! Didn’t mean to leave Woody and Frank out!

Frank is averaging 3.3 points, 3.6 boards and .08 blocks in 16 mpg.

Brycen Goodine -
Brycen had surgery and is out rest of the year

Averaging 5 points and 4 reb. per game in 16 mpg for the season. Shooting 36% from 3. Did not play at all for a month, and then barely played for awhile. Recently he’s been playing 20+ minutes every game and has started 5 games. Had a couple 12 point games, had 5 points and 10 boards last game. Not lighting the world on fire or anything, but his role has been increasing and seems to at least be a solid contributor now.
Didn’t play for a month because his dad died. I believe.

Last edited:
Too bad URI is really bad lol
I watched them upset Dayton the other week they looked OK.

Glad he stayed their and earned himself a big role vs program hopping.

Can he get another year via injury or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom