OT: Jeff Green from Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jeff Green from Georgetown

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
just had a dunk which has to be #1 on ESPN tonight. He came from the corner and dunked over Al Jefferson. It was a pretty serious dunk but afterwards he got a technical for taunting. Pretty funny.

I know this is blasphemy, but I loved Jeff Green. Always wished he had been Orange.

F Jeff Green.

"I know this is blasphemy, but I loved Charles Manson. Always wished he hadn't been a psychopathic killer."

Fine player in college. Should be no hard feelings toward him here, he only got one win against SU in three seasons.

Just saw it on sports center. TV was on mute, so idk what they said about it, but it was nasty

Meh, not all that special. Al is a fat load and ducked, just a normal NBA dunk.

Meh, not all that special. Al is a fat load and ducked, just a normal NBA dunk.
I would tend to agree. A nice play, but it was no Dominique Wilkins windmill over someone, or Shawn Kemp hammering on someone.

He's such a passive player...nice to see some aggression from him for once. Still don't know how he got that huge contract. Must have pictures of someone...

I love hearing Tommy Heinsohn. I get NESN so I get to hear his bit every night they are on - typically. He has to be one of the biggest homers in all of sports calling the game.

I love hearing Tommy Heinsohn. I get NESN so I get to hear his bit every night they are on - typically. He has to be one of the biggest homers in all of sports calling the game.

The only NBA commentator i've heard call a non-ESPN/ABC game without being a super homer is Mike Breen. He's really good with that. All the local commentators for teams are just awful. (At least every pair of them i've seen from watching the Cav's this year)

I kind of like hearing the homer calls. I watched the Rockets/Heat game the other night and it was hilarious to hear these guys almost giddy to watch Lebron James just dominate their team in the 2nd half. Clyde Drexler was classic.

I kind of like hearing the homer calls. I watched the Rockets/Heat game the other night and it was hilarious to hear these guys almost giddy to watch Lebron James just dominate their team in the 2nd half. Clyde Drexler was classic.

I watched the end of this game, there was a great discussion between Clyde and the PBP guy about what happened when the mid 90's Rockets teams needed to score a bucket at the end. Clyde claimed he and Hakeem would take turns deciding which one got the last shot. My guess is this may have been a little generous to Clyde.

I watched the end of this game, there was a great discussion between Clyde and the PBP guy about what happened when the mid 90's Rockets teams needed to score a bucket at the end. Clyde claimed he and Hakeem would take turns deciding which one got the last shot. My guess is this may have been a little generous to Clyde.

Clyde could handle the ball though. Big difference at the end of the game depending on how much time is left.

i watched a lakers-bucks game a couple years ago with the bucks announcers. they were such homers, and they were KILLING kobe. everytime a foul was called on kobe "HE WAS BARELY TOUCHED!" or "HOW CAN YOU CALL THAT! OH THIS IS RIDICULOUS!" or "another touch foul on kobe, big surprise". if kobe thought he was fouled and complained that he didnt get the call "whats he arguing about, doesnt he get enough calls?" i remember they showed a slo mo replay of a kobe drive and score and 1 of them said "i counted 5 steps" lol. i guess the bucks announcers arent aware that superstars get alot of calls. kobe drilled a buzzer beater for the win, i thought the bucks announcers were gonna cry on the air.

and ive said "kobe" way too much

Fine player in college. Should be no hard feelings toward him here, he only got one win against SU in three seasons.
I will always resent him for getting the BE POY award that should have gone to Demetris Nichols

My clearest memory of Jeff Green was at a game when he was driving out of control and wound up in my lap (I was sitting court side). I was holding a beer at the time. I am sure he smelled like beer the rest of the game. I know I did.

Clyde could handle the ball though. Big difference at the end of the game depending on how much time is left.

I know, it's going to be harder to get a big guy the ball than a guard, it was just really funny to me. Clyde is a great player, a true HOF. But Hakeem is one of the 10 best players who ever lived.

Rondo's reaction is just tremendous

greenrondo_medium.gif

I know, it's going to be harder to get a big guy the ball than a guard, it was just really funny to me. Clyde is a great player, a true HOF. But Hakeem is one of the 10 best players who ever lived.

And Clyde was past his prime by that point. He was still a good player, but he peaked in the late 80's-early 90's in Portland. By the time he got to Houston, he was nowhere near Hakeem's level. They played inside out, Hakeem was unstoppable, and if doubled he kicked it out to one of the 3-4 shooters they always had on the court for an open three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom