OT: Jon Bones Jones tests positive for cocaine, enters rehab | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jon Bones Jones tests positive for cocaine, enters rehab

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

"In May 2012, Jones was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence when he drove his car into a telephone pole in New York."

Suspicion of driving under the influence vs suspicion of being part asian. I kid. I kid.

Too much partying after the Cormiere fight?

Too much partying after the Cormiere fight?
Test was before the fight ...

I don't know how professional athletes can be so dumb sometimes ... I realize that being wealthy has its own set of problems (namely people supposedly looking out for you but not really looking out for you) and I'm sure being a fighter carries some stress, but What ...

Doesn't Coke work through your system pretty fast, at least for urine tests?

I don't know how professional athletes can be so dumb sometimes ... I realize that being wealthy has its own set of problems (namely people supposedly looking out for you but not really looking out for you) and I'm sure being a fighter carries some stress, but What ...
That surprises me. If so, what a dumb thing to do -- those guys come into the ring to kill you.

That surprises me. If so, what a dumb thing to do -- those guys come into the ring to kill you.
The test was on Dec. 4th ... quite a while before the fight. So he was in a training camp, and a month out from the fight. They were also tested prior to the fight, but no results yet.

The test was on Dec. 4th ... quite a while before the fight. So he was in a training camp, and a month out from the fight. They were also tested prior to the fight, but no results yet.
Ya, sorry, no time at work here to read the link. But I did see the fight. Cormiere is a legit contender ... he had a huge reach disadvantage, but the guy is quick, has a deadly R hand and is obviously a talented (Olmypic caliber) wrestler. Dangerous opponent for sure. Hopefully the second test will be negative.

This isn't about wealth. Throw logic out when drugs are involved. It's not about being dumb. He's one of the most regimented. disciplined athletes in the world (has to be to be champ in that sport) but drugs clearly go beyond that. Sad and crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom