OT - Julius Randle to UK | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Julius Randle to UK

Let's get some perspective here.

Yes there will be certain players Calipari advises to take advantage of a better situation elsewhere. But Calipari will ensure that player focuses on his studies and ensure he stays on track, and gets good grades before he leaves.
Derrick Rose can cosign to that ;)

Borzello predicted Randle to go to Kansas 5 minutes before he chose Kentucky. When it comes to recruiting he's just guessing.
not necessarily. i heard a story from an nba scout who said that one of the players was about to pick washington (jones i believe), and practically minutes before the press conference, calipari "came through"

not necessarily. i heard a story from an nba who said that one of the players was about to pick washington (jones i believe), and practically minutes before the press conference, calipari "came through"
Nonsense we know calipari is as clean as a prostitute at the bunny ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not necessarily. i heard a story from an nba who said that one of the players was about to pick washington (jones i believe), and practically minutes before the press conference, calipari "came through"
Jones did pick Washington and then calipari called him right after and he flipped

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eh, keeping all these players works perfect for UK. They'll end up with a team two years from now like they had last year. A bunch of hot-shot young recruits, and some capable upperclassmen (like Jones).

Help me understand this, please.
Calipari's buying recruits. How?
How do you do that in a way that doesn't leave him exposed? What if the player decides not to go to Kentucky, and he's got that knowledge that Cal pays, or made an offer? Cal has to depend on that player keeping his mouth shut? The entire Kentucky program relies on 17-year old kids not talking? And, what's the machinery that makes the offer and gets it delivered? How many pieces must be involved?

Seriously. How might this go down? Wouldn't you have to get the word out early in the recruiting process? Is it just an ambiguous notion, that Cal'll take care of you if you sign? Is it word of mouth, between players who have already accepted and passed through the program?

Are we really suggesting that, moments before a kid is to commit, at his presser, he gets a phone call with a dollar offer and that's what leads him to pick the blue hat?

Eh, keeping all these players works perfect for UK. They'll end up with a team two years from now like they had last year. A bunch of hot-shot young recruits, and some capable upperclassmen (like Jones).
The biggest question is how Cal will keep everybody happy and the chemistry? Last year's group as O'Sully above mentioned didn't need to dominate the ball to have a big impact on the game. The Harrison Twins and James Young dominate the ball a lot, and if Goodwin and Poythress comes back with Randle added to the fold. Then Cal will have his hands full dealing with all of the egos. It could also on the flipside work out like the 96 UK team, which was the deepest team of talent that I think I've ever seen.

The biggest question is how Cal will keep everybody happy and the chemistry? Last year's group as O'Sully above mentioned didn't need to dominate the ball to have a big impact on the game. The Harrison Twins and James Young dominate the ball a lot, and if Goodwin and Poythress comes back with Randle added to the fold. Then Cal will have his hands full dealing with all of the egos. It could also on the flipside work out like the 96 UK team, which was the deepest team of talent that I think I've ever seen.

96 UK was insane, talent-wise. Cal should be studying that season/team.

Help me understand this, please.
Calipari's buying recruits. How?
How do you do that in a way that doesn't leave him exposed? What if the player decides not to go to Kentucky, and he's got that knowledge that Cal pays, or made an offer? Cal has to depend on that player keeping his mouth shut? The entire Kentucky program relies on 17-year old kids not talking? And, what's the machinery that makes the offer and gets it delivered? How many pieces must be involved?

Seriously. How might this go down? Wouldn't you have to get the word out early in the recruiting process? Is it just an ambiguous notion, that Cal'll take care of you if you sign? Is it word of mouth, between players who have already accepted and passed through the program?

Are we really suggesting that, moments before a kid is to commit, at his presser, he gets a phone call with a dollar offer and that's what leads him to pick the blue hat?
Boosters affiliated with calipari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that is the better point - you need to have guys that are unselfish enough to buy into the team concept. Not sure who those guys will be - either way, should be interesting to see how he deals with all these riches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom