OT: Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions | Syracusefan.com

OT: Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions

orangefog

Certified Message Board Genius
Sorry about the off topic subject, but is anyone going to the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions this weekend in Hartford, CT? Or, any of you who have been to the XL Center, can you give me any advice on parking?

There is a parking garage in the XL Center (on Asylum Ave.) as well as several other parking garages/lots within a 5 minute walk. Parking shouldn't be too much of a problem.

My Nephew Paul is a Gymnast for the Kellogg's Tour. I am heading to the Verizon Center in DC Tomorrow (Thursday) to see his show... It kills me to have to go THERE to see him lol ... a few years ago I had to go Hartford to see him compete in the VISA Nationals. I died a little that day also lol

There is a parking garage in the XL Center (on Asylum Ave.) as well as several other parking garages/lots within a 5 minute walk. Parking shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Thank you very much, I appreciate the info.

Sad day for the board.
Really? My little girl is obsessed with gymnastics and these gymnasts are her idols. She works as hard as any football player. I asked for information from posters who would be kind enough to share. I fail to see how your input was helpful in any way. So next time you should consider keeping it to yourself.

My Nephew Paul is a Gymnast for the Kellogg's Tour. I am heading to the Verizon Center in DC Tomorrow (Thursday) to see his show... It kills me to have to go THERE to see him lol ... a few years ago I had to go Hartford to see him compete in the VISA Nationals. I died a little that day also lol
That is awesome. It takes so much hard work to get to that level. Would you care to share his last name so that we can cheer for him?

Really? My little girl is obsessed with gymnastics and these gymnasts are her idols. She works as hard as any football player. I asked for information from posters who would be kind enough to share. I fail to see how your input was helpful in any way. So next time you should consider keeping it to yourself.
Good thing you didn't post about how much you liked HCDM.

Sure. The more fans of his the better :)

His name is Paul Ruggeri III ... there's a ton of youtube videos of him. Should have been on the Olympic team ... but I won't get into that.

Just got back from seeing him at DC. He got us backstage passes and met some of the other gymnasts.

Orangefog, you will like this story I suspect. We were walking through the Verizon Center and a group of 9-11 year old girls recoginized Paul. They started to scream his name and say hello, so we stopped so he could say hello back, slap a few high 5's etc... but 1 little girl was priceless. She just stood there mouth wide open, eyes as big as saucers and just stared at him in complete disbelief. Couldn't talk or move.

Sure. The more fans of his the better :)

His name is Paul Ruggeri III ... there's a ton of youtube videos of him. Should have been on the Olympic team ... but I won't get into that.

Just got back from seeing him at DC. He got us backstage passes and met some of the other gymnasts.

Orangefog, you will like this story I suspect. We were walking through the Verizon Center and a group of 9-11 year old girls recoginized Paul. They started to scream his name and say hello, so we stopped so he could say hello back, slap a few high 5's etc... but 1 little girl was priceless. She just stood there mouth wide open, eyes as big as saucers and just stared at him in complete disbelief. Couldn't talk or move.
I bet he felt like a rock star. That is awesome. My daughter would love to meet some of these gymnasts. My understanding is some of them come up into the stands. I just want to see my daughter's smile all night. Thanks for the story, and we will be cheering for Paul.

It's a cool show. She will really enjoy it. Paul was the opener on the high bar for our show & I think he is for all the ones he is in.

They do an aurograph session at the rails for about 5 mins or so, once the show is over. She should be able to get some autographs but you need to be down there quickly.

It's a cool show. She will really enjoy it. Paul was the opener on the high bar for our show & I think he is for all the ones he is in.

They do an aurograph session at the rails for about 5 mins or so, once the show is over. She should be able to get some autographs but you need to be down there quickly.
Ok, I will try to get down there with her. If I see Paul, I will tell him that his uncle said hi. Of course he will look at me bewildered.

Ruggerpa, the show was great. Your nephew is awesome. Watching my daughter's face as she watched the gymnasts was priceless. The only issue we had was that we were expecting the gymnasts to sign some autographs after the show, but they never came out. My daughter was upset.

Ruggerpa, the show was great. Your nephew is awesome. Watching my daughter's face as she watched the gymnasts was priceless. The only issue we had was that we were expecting the gymnasts to sign some autographs after the show, but they never came out. My daughter was upset.

Glad you enjoyed the show. :)

They don't have long. He told me that they tell them to sign for about 5 mins immediately after the show, then to get off the floor and get ready to leave for the next city. He told me in DC he wished they had more time to sign autographs but the tour was adamant that they get off the floor after just a few minutes. In DC, people rushed to the rails and then they were gone after being able to only sign a few. I know he would feel bad about your daughter's disappointment.

Glad you enjoyed the show. :)

They don't have long. He told me that they tell them to sign for about 5 mins immediately after the show, then to get off the floor and get ready to leave for the next city. He told me in DC he wished they had more time to sign autographs but the tour was adamant that they get off the floor after just a few minutes. In DC, people rushed to the rails and then they were gone after being able to only sign a few. I know he would feel bad about your daughter's disappointment.
I am sure they would all love to stay and sign autographs for everyone, but I understand they had a show the next day at the Barclays Center. They were breaking down the equipment as they were announcing all of the gymnasts on the floor. My daughter is 8, she didn't quite understand. I simply explained that she will meet them someday when she is out there with them. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom