OT - Knicks interested in Wright...... | Syracusefan.com

OT - Knicks interested in Wright......

newmexicuse

All Conference
Knicks Rumors: New York intends to contact Jay Wright

Wright coaches in the style that the Knicks want to play going forward.

Jay has done it all at the college level. Issue would be if he can handle NBA personalities.

Knicks certainly did not waste any time cutting loose Hornacek and Rambis. Obviously that decision was made awhile back.

As a Knick fan, they could certainly do worse than Wright. Last time they hired a college coach (at least that I can remember), it was Pitino, and he did pretty well with the talent he had with them as I recall.

Others candidates seem to be Blatt, Fizdale, and Mark Jackson. All of those should be OK, but if I had my druthers I think I would give Wright a shot ahead of those guys.

PLEASE YES JAY WRIGHT.

PLEASE NO NO NO MARK JACKSON.

Dolan has bleep money he should offer Wright 10 years 70-100 million and make him say no.
The length would give Wright security inheriting a crap roster and the money is enough to retire if he flames out.

That would also be a win for Syracuse. Also hearing Stackhouse.
Stackhouse to Orlando. The Orlando GM came from Toronto and he will want someone he knows.
Knicks imo would will go after Wright then Jackson.

Jay Wright would kill two birds with one stone for us Cuse/Knicks fans. All about Wright as HC of the Knicks and hopefully Nova drops a bit in program stature.

Dolan has bleep money he should offer Wright 10 years 70-100 million and make him say no.
The length would give Wright security inheriting a crap roster and the money is enough to retire if he flames out.
Knick roster may not be that bad.

Of course, it is 100% dependent upon Porzingus having a full recovery.

They have a lot of young pieces in guys like Kantor, O'Quinn, Hardaway, Ntilikina, Dotson, Kornet, Williams, Burke, and Mudiay. From that group Kantor and O'Quinn are pretty proven (though I only expect one of them back), Ntilikina has really come on lately and has nice upside, Burke just might be the real deal at PG, Hardaway may not be worth his contract, but he is a nice piece, and I also really like the way Dotson and Kornet took advantage of opportunities at the end of the season.

They have a good shot to get Bridges in the draft.

Put that together with another lottery pick next season (since Porzingus will miss about half the season), add in a big name free agent with 2019 cap room, and the new coach will have a great opportunity to be a NY hero in his second season if all goes according to plan.

For once the Knicks seem to be doing things (w)right, but it will take some time.

Wright said in an interview yesterday that he's not going anywhere - very happy at Nova. Feels he'd be giving up too much of what he's built and what he loves to chase the NBA.

As a Knick fan I have no friggin clue who I want. Wont be happy until Dolan sells and moves to Bolivia
I freely admit that I have not been paying attention towards the end of the season. When KP went down the air went out of the balloon. Since then (trade deadline), they have new pieces. I watched a few minutes of the Cavs game (we got smoked by 20+) and couldn't even recognize Dotson or Kornet. I like Ntilikina, he seems to have a high ceiling and I hope they keep him. Same with Courtney Lee. And inside, KP, O'Quinn and Kantor are pieces you can build around. I like Burke as a PG backup ... to me he's as talented a driver as Rose was but he can also shoot the 3. It's SF where there is a lot of uncertainty. They need a superstar to join up with KP. Oh, and I also liked Hornacek a lot. It's a real pity he couldn't have stayed on, since the injuries and rotation problems were not his fault.

I freely admit that I have not been paying attention towards the end of the season. When KP went down the air went out of the balloon. Since then (trade deadline), they have new pieces. I watched a few minutes of the Cavs game (we got smoked by 20+) and couldn't even recognize Dotson or Kornet. I like Ntilikina, he seems to have a high ceiling and I hope they keep him. Same with Courtney Lee. And inside, KP, O'Quinn and Kantor are pieces you can build around. I like Burke as a PG backup ... to me he's as talented a driver as Rose was but he can also shoot the 3. It's SF where there is a lot of uncertainty. They need a superstar to join up with KP. Oh, and I also liked Hornacek a lot. It's a real pity he couldn't have stayed on, since the injuries and rotation problems were not his fault.

Yup need a coupke wings in the worst way. Would love to go after Jerami actually as piece

As a Knick fan the only thing I like about Wright is that his ego seems to fit with the NBA. I think other than his hoops acumen Stevens lack of ego has been key to his success. Most other big name college coaches - Pitino, Cal - have egos that fill a stadium. Wright seems to be egoless, a good organizer and understands modern hoops - that said I don't want anyone that old and with no NBA experience.

Oh, they are interested in Wright, eh?

I also am interested - in Kate Upton.

I think our chances are right about the same. ;)

/cue - so you're telling me there's a chance .gif :p

Wright said in an interview yesterday that he's not going anywhere - very happy at Nova. Feels he'd be giving up too much of what he's built and what he loves to chase the NBA.

Roy Williams could give a s#i+ about North Carolina

Oh, they are interested in Wright, eh?

I also am interested - in Kate Upton.

I think our chances are right about the same. ;)

/cue - so you're telling me there's a chance .gif :p

Yeah, but if you had $ 10m a year to get her attention, she might give you the time of day, maybe even have lunch with u.

Of course Wright will say he is happy at Nova and not interested in leaving, but he almost certainly has a price. Will the Knicks pay it ??? I think money will be no object if Dolan is really convinced that Wright should be the guy, though, of course, he got pretty burnt with Phil.

Stackhouse to Orlando. The Orlando GM came from Toronto and he will want someone he knows.
Knicks imo would will go after Wright then Jackson.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Hammond ever worked for the Raptors. He definitely worked for Detroit and Milwaukee though. Stackhouse was in Milwaukee for one year during Hammond's time there and might have been in Detroit for a year during Hammond's time there.

Edit: Ah, you must be talking about the Orlando POBO. He worked for Toronto.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Hammond ever worked for the Raptors. He definitely worked for Detroit and Milwaukee though. Stackhouse was in Milwaukee for one year during Hammond's time there and might have been in Detroit for a year during Hammond's time there.

Edit: Ah, you must be talking about the Orlando POBO. He worked for Toronto.
Your right I read it quick.

He has the ties. Stackhouse played for the Bucks with Hammond as GM and later coached for the Raptors with Weltman as assistant GM.

Wright should wrun like hell from that call

<-- Knicks fan

tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors