OT: Kris Dunn from Providence | Syracusefan.com

OT: Kris Dunn from Providence

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
OX posted in the daily posts that Kris Dunn is on TV tonight. Those of you who might not know who he is should tune in if you get a chance. After the Cuse vs Clemson football game last week, I watched Providence vs Harvard because I wanted to see what all of the hype was about. From what I saw, Kris Dunn is the real deal. He ended up with 32 pts, five assists and eight steals. Easily the best player on the court and easy to see why he is a first team preseason all american. Amazing how Providence recruited him from right out under Yukon's nose. Without looking it up, I'm thinking that this was Ed Cooley's first recruiting year at Providence and was able to put the full court press on Dunn where Yukon must have had other commitments or lack of scholarships. What a great get for Cooley, especially since Ricky Ledo didn't work out as planned.

OX posted in the daily posts that Kris Dunn is on TV tonight. Those of you who might not know who he is should tune in if you get a chance. After the Cuse vs Clemson football game last week, I watched Providence vs Harvard because I wanted to see what all of the hype was about. From what I saw, Kris Dunn is the real deal. He ended up with 32 pts, five assists and eight steals. Easily the best player on the court and easy to see why he is a first team preseason all american. Amazing how Providence recruited him from right out under Yukon's nose. Without looking it up, I'm thinking that this was Ed Cooley's first recruiting year at Providence and was able to put the full court press on Dunn where Yukon must have had other commitments or lack of scholarships. What a great get for Cooley, especially since Ricky Ledo didn't work out as planned.
UConn had Napier and Boatright at the guards. He wouldn't have played much at that time.

yeah he's been the real deal for a few years now - kind of amazing he didn't go NBA last year (kind of like Marcus Smart a couple years ago)
Especially since I think he missed most of his freshmen season with an injury. Considering how many debates have been on this board, I think we all agree that it would be tough to pass up a million plus but it shows a great maturity level and confidence that he can come back , develop further and move up the charts for a much greater front end reward.

yeah he's been the real deal for a few years now - kind of amazing he didn't go NBA last year (kind of like Marcus Smart a couple years ago)
On that subject (and speaking of another Marcus), how does UNC keep their PG, who was pre-season POY in the ACC last year, for 4 years, when SU can't even get a second season out of Tyler Ennis?

On that subject (and speaking of another Marcus), how does UNC keep their PG, who was pre-season POY in the ACC last year, for 4 years, when SU can't even get a second season out of Tyler Ennis?
Because he is not a projected lottery pick.

Marcus Paige as the pre-season POY was one of the weakest picks as POY in a power conference in a long time. I would rather have Gbinije, and I don't think hes much better than Cooney.

Marcus Paige as the pre-season POY was one of the weakest picks as POY in a power conference in a long time. I would rather have Gbinije, and I don't think hes much better than Cooney.
Paige was the choice last season ('14-'15). I think Brogdon was this year's.

In any case, how did he last the full 4 years?

Smart was a more amazing return because he was locked in as a top 5 pick. Dunn was a borderline lottery pick last year if I recall correctly, and he has a chance to go higher (though his age will likely hold him back) given how weak this year's draft will likely be for PGs.

Paige was the choice last season ('14-'15). I think Brogdon was this year's.

In any case, how did he last the full 4 years?

No, you were right Paige was this year. I think Brogdon might be the best player in the conference.

He has to be pissed that Chukwa left.

Giant billboard featuring him on 95 going through providence. Get it Dunn or something like that. Nice to see pc not profiting of his likeness.

Giant billboard featuring him on 95 going through providence. Get it Dunn or something like that. Nice to see pc not profiting of his likeness.
as long as it makes Yukon mad i am for it. and it makes Yukon mad, so i am for it.

Well, typically advertising assists in generating revenue which should lead to profit.

oh, c'mon, are we going to bitch about SU player posters? It's advertising the team, it's nothing else any other school doesn't do.

Of course, if it was an actual issue for Dunn he could be playing professionally. I mean, honestly, if you have to pay Dunn to put hose billboards up then schools just won't do it, which really doesn't work out for anyone.

oh, c'mon, are we going to bitch about SU player posters? It's advertising the team, it's nothing else any other school doesn't do.

Oh, no, I don't have one problem with it. Just responding to the parallel drawn between advertising and video games. Hard to run an athletic program successfully if you cannot showcase the individual talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom