OT - Lane Kiffin says that he was lied to. | Syracusefan.com

OT - Lane Kiffin says that he was lied to.

Hmmmmmmmmm...let me think about this for a minute. This can't be the same guy that has ever lied to the public about violations at Tenn or been a rat face for leaving UT high and dry for the USC job? I love what he got on Saturday night.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/...iffin-maintains-was-deceived-pac-12-officials

You can't grant a timeout to a coach in that situation.

Come on, Lane. What, did you really expect the ref to come out after the review and say:

"After further review, the player's knee was down prior to stepping out of bounds. However, because the USC coach asked us before the play even began to pinky swear that we give him a timeout after the play ends no matter what happens, we are going to put a second on the clock and give USC a chance to kick the winning field goal. You're welcome, Lane."

That guy sucks. He better hope his old man doesn't croak or his next job will be serving hot dogs in the stands.

You can't grant a timeout to a coach in that situation.

Come on, Lane. What, did you really expect the ref to come out after the review and say:

"After further review, the player's knee was down prior to stepping out of bounds. However, because the USC coach asked us before the play even began to pinky swear that we give him a timeout after the play ends no matter what happens, we are going to put a second on the clock and give USC a chance to kick the winning field goal. You're welcome, Lane."

I agree the right call was made...but why did the head official say he didn't have any conversation regarding this exact issue? Why didn't he say Kiffen wanted the TO, talked to the side judge, they discussed it - but there was no time left for a timeout to be acknowledged? Just a weird statement by the officials...

I agree the right call was made...but why did the head official say he didn't have any conversation regarding this exact issue? Why didn't he say Kiffen wanted the TO, talked to the side judge, they discussed it - but there was no time left for a timeout to be acknowledged? Just a weird statement by the officials...

Because he never had the conversation?

Because he never had the conversation?

Then he just threw the side judge under the bus, because they showed Kiffen having the conversation with the side judge with the official nodding his head yes on TV. The side judge either needed to tell Kiffen no, he wasn't going to bring it up or he needed to bring it up to the head official.

Then he just threw the side judge under the bus, because they showed Kiffen having the conversation with the side judge with the official nodding his head yes on TV. The side judge either needed to tell Kiffen no, he wasn't going to bring it up or he needed to bring it up to the head official.
Ahhh. interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom