OT: Lenny Cooke | Syracusefan.com

OT: Lenny Cooke

I saw an espn segment on him not long ago. It was an interesting watch, and they talked to Carmelo / Amare in the segment.

Cooke weighs about 270 pounds now.

I'm not sure what it says that I saw this thread title, and immediately thought, "Oh god, how did he die/what did he do to wind up in prison/what drugs is he hooked on?"

(EDIT: This is not an assessment of him, just what I expect to read about the much ballyhooed guys who never made it)

I have vivid memories of going to see him play when he was at NVOT. Dude was tearing it up back then.

I'm not sure what it says that I saw this thread title, and immediately thought, "Oh god, how did he die/what did he do to wind up in prison/what drugs is he hooked on?"

(EDIT: This is not an assessment of him, just what I expect to read about the much ballyhooed guys who never made it)
yep, on one hand i'm interested but on the other hand i'm assuming the same cliched story. i suppose on a micro level it's intersting...but it used to be that we'd be surprised how they end at some level. now i feel like i know the story going in.

Me, too.

I have vivid memories of going to see him play when he was at NVOT. Dude was tearing it up back then.

I attended his famous ABCD camp the year he went up against Melo and Lebron. That was pretty much the end of the myth of Lenny. People were saying, "he's supposed to be ready for the NBA? Then why isn't he dominating these high school kids?"

The next year that he spent living with that rich white woman in NJ was an interesting episode that alone should be worth the price of admission (if it's not already up on Spankwire ...).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom