OT: Mamadou Ndiaye | Syracusefan.com

OT: Mamadou Ndiaye

swish7

All Conference
As a selector school, can we please select at least one true center at least every 2 years? One person whose only hope of salvation on earth is to play center in DI basketball? And never, ever, ever dribble more than once and shoot a fadeaway.

Give me a project who listens when you tell him to start back to the basket and attack the rim over a "center" by name with massive accolades whom really thinks they are a 4 or a 3. I mean, recruit that guy too, but have at least one true center on the roster.

I would think that we could "select" a 7'6"er like this over a UC Irvine.

What about a 7-foot white guy who has long hair, a head band and can block shots into the second level,.. and had a baby hook?

Wish I knew one.

I think a lot of offensively skilled 4 and 5 star Centers are slow, plodding dudes like Coleman. They don't really fit too well in an active zone. We recruit the athletic 4 and 5 star Centers who tend to be more athletes than ball players.

I think a lot of offensively skilled 4 and 5 star Centers are slow, plodding dudes like Coleman. They don't really fit too well in an active zone. We recruit the athletic 4 and 5 star Centers who tend to be more athletes than ball players.
Yes you are correct. But I would certainly exchange the slight defensive problems that might arise with Arinze or Otis Hill for the offensive firepower. I get tired of having no inside presence. Shotblockers are great but very tiresome for forty minutes per game. Having one of each would be ideal but we never seem...wishful thinking again. Oh, to have Rony or Etan is luxury.

we dont need a mobile center. in fact, mobility is what often gets our centers into trouble, trying to do too much when they should just be standing near the rim. Craig forth new how to play the zone as much crap as he took